The new iPhone will have copy/paste

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
This is a rumor we actually haven't heard about but I am pretty confident that the new version of the iPhone will have the copy/paste feature. Why? Well, Apple is pretty much releasing this new phone for businesss customers, competing directly with blackberry. Apple knows that if they want to gain market shares on businesss customers, they will have to cater them with features they want (push email, ability to save attachments, and of course, copy/pasting). What do you think?

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
This is a rumor we actually haven't heard about but I am pretty confident that the new version of the iPhone will have the copy/paste feature. Why? Well, Apple is pretty much releasing this new phone for businesss customers, competing directly with blackberry. Apple knows that if they want to gain market shares on businesss customers, they will have to cater them with features they want (push email, ability to save attachments, and of course, copy/pasting). What do you think?
I shall believe it when I see it. ;)

RyanTaDO

Sep 5, 2007
I shall believe it when I see it. ;)
do you think gps will be automatically on or off. I'm hoping you have to manually turn it on so the battery doesn't die in 5 hours.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Or if you want to use the always CONVENIENT viewmymessage website that requires you to put the code and password in. They could save us a whole heap of trouble by writing MMS into the software...

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
I have also never needed the use of copy/paste since i got my iPhone, but i am also close to a computer most the time.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
copy and paste has nothing to do with a new iPhone. its just software. all they have to do is write the program to do it...and the same with mms, its all programming.

iPhone v2, hardware is 3g and possible gps...which i doubt...

just my 2 cents

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
the problem here is you are being logical. Logically, it should have been there since the beginning, so that's out the window.

i have accepted the fact that (for whatever reason) Apple does not WANT iPhone to have c&p. there is no reason for them to change that view.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Can we take it that this means version 2 software for iPhone 1 will also have it? Maybe?

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
Apple likes to keep their UI's very minimalistic. The current iPhone UI just isn't ready/prepared for these kind of features. And honestly, to preserve the simplicity and speed of the iPhone, I could live without copy & paste.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
There are many uses, but one is you might want to copy a web link and paste it in an email.
Wouldn't you just load the page then tap the plus (+) to mail the link? Or did you mean something else?