The next "Big App" for folks who enjoy playing Music

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I've been smitten with PocketGuitar since it was released. I put more time into that application than anything on my iPhone, including the Phone feature itself, lol.

That said, the Guitar is new to me, and not my native tongue when it comes to hashing out melodies that are stuck in my head. For that I've always fallen back to my keyboard and Garageband soft keyboard... So what to do when you're not at a music station?

iAno

Theres no date set yet, but apparently it's set to release "soon" as of the 8th of this month.

The Author also has other instruments in mind, including another guitar :)

Keagle

Bronze
Feb 2, 2008
I'm tempted to jailbreak my iPhone when I get one just for this!

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
what would make this app, and also the guitar app cooler would be if you could record what you were playing and then play it back

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I was just informed that it is now showing up under the ModmyiPhone source. I heard another report that the repository went down shortly after the update was put on there. I am refreshing my sources right now and will check to see if they are back up when completed.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
It's OUT!

Refresh your installers!

FYI - It's got some kooky way of enabling sound right now, you have to go through your General Sound/Effects settings. Says this will be fixed later I guess, but for now we got it!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
It's OUT!

Refresh your installers!

FYI - It's got some kooky way of enabling sound right now, you have to go through your General Sound/Effects settings. Says this will be fixed later I guess, but for now we got it!
I love this app! Didn't have to do anything with sound, so be sure to try it first just to be safe.

Amazed that it can handle 5 separate touch positions at once. Wow, and I thought the iPhone was only capable of 2 or 3.

--
Mike

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I am having the same problem. No sound but I also do not have a Sound Effects.

From the authors site:
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Q) I can't hear any sound![/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]A) Go to Settings. General. Sound Effects. If this is "Off" then set it to either "Speaker", "Headphones" or "Both" depending on your requirements.[/FONT]

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I love this app! Didn't have to do anything with sound, so be sure to try it first just to be safe.

Amazed that it can handle 5 separate touch positions at once. Wow, and I thought the iPhone was only capable of 2 or 3.

--
Mike
Mike,
Did you install it through Installer or manually? I suspect that the samples files that are in the zip need to be copied to the phone as well as the app and maybe manually they have to be placed in an odd location for the sounds to work. I noticed that without the wav files in the samples directory the program is very small but when installed from Installer (doing it right now) it is 4.6 Megs. I suspect they are needed and I just put them in the wrong place for the program to find them.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I just installed it through installer and it is working for me. I am on 1.1.2 and used the old jailbreak method where you downloaded the file from within installer and then upgraded. I now have sound so I think my problem was with the manual install.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Yes, I am on the latest ZiPhone jailbreak (think that makes 7 times now).

Anyway my sample WAVs are in /var/root/Media/MisterAardvark/iAno/. The files are all owned by root with permissions of 0777.

I installed it via Installer as soon as it came in (about an hour and a half ago).

When I saw that note about changing "sound effects" volume I feared this app actually added something to preferences, but I assume that is an iPod touch thing.

--
Mike

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Sound works for me too, without having to change a thing. I jailbroke using the first Zibri release. This app is AWESOME!

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
LOL I NEED TO STOP OVER THINKING THIS STUFF!

I had no sound because my phone was in VIBRATE MODE! L O O O O L!

So, mental note to anyone without sound, turn your Vibrate off!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
It's OUT!

Refresh your installers!

Yeah, I couldn't even find the setting it referred to - but sound works just fine ...

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I just learned how to play "New Soul" y'know that Macbook Air commercial jingle? Anyway it sounds great, unfortunately until the "playback" feature is implemented it gets pretty busted up pausing to move up or down an octave.

Apparently the Author has expressed his wishes to eventually roll out features like playing back midi files, more instrument sounds, record/play so that you can play over yourself for a fuller sound or to hit the keys you can't without switching octaves, and something that sounds really cool, but maybe I'm reading it wrong...

The author says you'll be able to play the piano to your own songs, which I assume is iTunes. If this is true, omfg that would be incredible. Now you could turn all your favorite songs into "live" performances by adding in your own fills!

I just blew half my battery charge on this app. I think PocketGuitar is getting moved to page 3 and iAno is movin' up to the Big Leagues, the first page.