The official 5.5 carrier file for MMS

GABERMAN707

Bronze
Aug 14, 2009
Latest (released today), official 5.5 ipcc carrier file for MMS for all those that don't want to upgrade to 3.1 software and/or ruin their Jailbreak!

Here is the link for the download... I can also upload the file, but there was an error when I tried to upload it... If someone can tell me how to upload an ipcc file here, I can, just in case the link becomes invalid.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/29849/ATT_US.ipcc

:eek:k:eek:k

Jul 17, 2007
(Texas) Got it around noon. Made several transmits. Received a few. Hasn't worked for a couple hours now. Hello AT&T overload. Could have easily done a gradual seniority based release. I wouldn't trust AT&T to mow my lawn right.

i_chillin

Bronze
Jun 24, 2009
San Diego
So I downloadedthe file. Now how do I get it on my iPhone to get MMS working.

Diablo25

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
PA
Since I got the carrier update I can't connect to my home network and I can't send any MMS. Any ideas/solutions?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
My iTunes is not seeing the file to update. How do you update?

edit: I found this as well.

For Macs, launch Terminal & paste this in:

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

This will allow iTunes to see the new carrier file to update.

For windows, go to DOS and type
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1 to allow us to update the carrier file through iTunes

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I typed in “C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1 but it tells me "the file name, directory name, or volume label syntax label is incorrect." Pretty frustrating. Anyone know what I am doing wrong or what needs to be corrected? Thanks.

i_chillin

Bronze
Jun 24, 2009
San Diego

i_chillin

Bronze
Jun 24, 2009
San Diego
I typed in “C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1 but it tells me "the file name, directory name, or volume label syntax label is incorrect." Pretty frustrating. Anyone know what I am doing wrong or what needs to be corrected? Thanks.
Are you on a PC or Mac? Don't forget each one has a different command.

For Macs, launch Terminal & paste this in:

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

For windows, go to DOS and type
"C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1 to allow us to update the carrier file through iTunes

If you are on a PC, then make sure your iTunes is installed in C:\Program Files\iTunes

If not, then find out where it's installed and replace C:\Program Files\iTunes with where ever you have it installed. I hope this makes sense. If not shoot me a PM and I will try to help you.

helix66

Sep 26, 2009
Thanks for that info, that terminal command allowed iTunes to see the file but I'm getting an error message when I select it:
unknown error occurred (0xE800003D).

Any ideas? (3g, with 3.0 JB & unlocked on att, iTunes 8.2.1 on a Mac OS 10.4.11)

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Do you have a custom carrier name or logo at the top of your phone? If so, try disabling it & try again.

helix66

Sep 26, 2009
Do you have a custom carrier name or logo at the top of your phone? If so, try disabling it & try again.

I do.
I don't see an option i winterboard for it so I'll just delete it and install it later on.

***Woohooo! That worked, thanks so much! This helps out so much for work at times. Can I reload the custom carrier logo afterward?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Good call ZR, I never would have thought of the custom carrier logo.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Not really, but I guess I should start.
I'm usually just on this forum and a saltwater forum.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I mean, EiC is the greatest iPhone forum since sliced bread, but some others are a bit more technically oriented and have folks that are on or close to the dev team.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Naps I think ZR is saying that he didn't get his info from another forum. He figured it out on his own. So he wasn't booing you advising Europa to look around he was booing you thinking that his idea wasn't original.

Hey if I read this wrong, sue me!:cool: