The Official iPhone 2.0 Software Update

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
...a simple answer to a simple question...when is THE OFFICIAL 2.0 software due out? some of these post are all over the place...

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
thanks man...THE OFFICIAL right? :laugh2: ...cause its been post about imitation software...just want to know when i get the house this evening i will update THE OFFICIAL

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
As far as I know it's official. I let iTunes download and upgrade it for me instead of manually downloading it from a link.

gipoliceman

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
be aware

I downloaded 2.0 over an hour ago....it completely erased my phone and after the update was supposed to reconnect to iTunes store and re-upload all my content. This has yet to happen, my phone is stuck on slide for emergency and useless. I can only assume that this is due to everyone attempting to access iTunes store at the same time. It keeps telling me the connection timed out, try again later. Now I'm screwed b/c I have very important businesss to conduct today and now I have been without a phone for over an hour. I know it's my fault, I should have waited until after the initial rush, but I didn't expect this.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I downloaded 2.0 over an hour ago....it completely erased my phone and after the update was supposed to reconnect to iTunes store and re-upload all my content. This has yet to happen, my phone is stuck on slide for emergency and useless. I can only assume that this is due to everyone attempting to access iTunes store at the same time. It keeps telling me the connection timed out, try again later. Now I'm screwed b/c I have very important businesss to conduct today and now I have been without a phone for over an hour. I know it's my fault, I should have waited until after the initial rush, but I didn't expect this.
I don't believe that any of us expected this including Apple ;)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
thanks man...THE OFFICIAL right? :laugh2: ...cause its been post about imitation software...just want to know when i get the house this evening i will update THE OFFICIAL
If you go through iTunes, it is the official one. It is out now but tons of people are stuck with a useless phone because it started the update and timed out. Too much traffic.

pemarsh

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
my phone is stuck on the process...all iTunes says is preparing iPhone for software restore........

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
same here all I expected was slow download speeds or unable to log on but not to allow a download and then just lock out the phone to emergency mode... I have to leave for work in 2 hours so I hope it comes back soon but I am not counting on it.

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Same thing is happening to me! :(

Bummed!

And their customer support line is bogged down HEAVILY...

Crossing my fingers it gets fixed soon

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
my phone is stuck on the process...all iTunes says is preparing iPhone for software restore........
This took 2-3 minutes for me. Just hope it keeps going and not stop like it did for me. I am like Tony, I have a useless piece of junk right now.

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
And how silly that the iPhone discussion page on Apple's site is down and just says "We'll be back soon"

ugh!

jimwarden

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Same thing is happening to me! :(

Bummed!

And their customer support line is bogged down HEAVILY...

Crossing my fingers it gets fixed soon
Well, that is the beauty of having this forum. You are saving me and others from going through the same thing. My AT&T in Chattanooga had a big line at nearly noon, so I expect this has been a big seller today.

Jim

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
As far as I know it's official. I let iTunes download and upgrade it for me instead of manually downloading it from a link.

thanks. so you didn't have any issues did you?

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Keep the faith gang! I just got connected!

Just keep trying. It took me around 20-30 min. of re-trying to connect, but it eventually happened!
Whew... sigh of relief :)

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Keep the faith gang! I just got connected!

Just keep trying. It took me around 20-30 min. of re-trying to connect, but it eventually happened!
Whew... sigh of relief :)
so you had no issues...all your previous info is still on your phone after update right?

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
thanks. so you didn't have any issues did you?
The only issue was the wait for the servers. I got timeouts for about 20 minutes but it eventually went through. I did loose all my music but that was expected and can be restored from my Music library at home. All the other data like contacts, notes, and calendar entries were restored.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
The only issue was the wait for the servers. I got timeouts for about 20 minutes but it eventually went through. I did loose all my music but that was expected and can be restored from my Music library at home. All the other data like contacts, notes, and calendar entries were restored.

so you must have syncd from a "different" computer right