The official new iPad pre-order thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chris, Mar 7, 2012.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Let's use this thread for those of us who pre-ordered the new iPad. Share tracking information, delivery and the goodness that comes when the knock or doorbell means UPS/Fedex has arrived.

2. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Figured I'd get this on a roll...since there will be many of us posting of our exuberant impatience for next Friday!

My order went through and I'll be tracking it until next Friday! :) "The New iPad" 32 GB black Wi-Fi with AppleCare +.

How about some more posts?

3. iphoneint

iphoneint Member
    Bronze

"New iPad" 64 GB black WiFi..... 9 days and counting.

4. Beemer

Beemer Member
    Bronze

New to iPad so really looking forward to this. Ordered the 4G White version. Got email confirmation for March 16-20th as a receive date. Everyone loves new toys!

5. jfleming01

jfleming01 Member
    Bronze

Preordered but put in standard shipping. Can I change it to expedite?

6. GailLA

GailLA Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks for starting this thread. This is the first time I've ever been able to order any of my iDevices on the first day, so I'm very excited. Since I've already sold my iPad 1, I'm glad it is due to arrive on the 16th. I can hardly wait to get the tracking info.

Here is what I ordered:

iPad with Wi-Fi + 4G LTE for AT&T 64GB - Black (3rd generation)
    Delivers on March 16 by Standard Shipping

Part Number: MD368LL/A

Since I'm upgrading from an iPad 1 I'm also getting a smart cover. That's supposed to arrive the 12th to the 14th. I will ship my iPad 1 off as soon as the new iPad arrives.

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Good question. I'm guessing Apple will ship these so they all deliver on March 16th. I'd imagine people would be less than thrilled to wait days on their new iPad, only to see those who didn't pre-order pick them up on day one.

8. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

In all the excitement, I finally got my pre-order in:

iPad with Wi-Fi 32GB - Black (3rd generation)

Screen Shot 2012-03-07 at 6.13.25 PM.png

9. GailLA

GailLA Contributor
    Bronze

I think so. My iPad 3G was shipped expedited even though I paid standard and even though I wasn't able to order in time to get it on the first day available. I take them at their word when they say "Delivers on".

10. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Just preordered mine. I woulda done it earlier but I had to sleep. Stupid 3rd shift! But Apple still says delivery on the 16th. I ordered the black 32gig wi-fi. Just like last time. Only this time I won't be standing in line at Wal Mart for 4 hours. I can't effing wait!

11. psylichon

psylichon Genius

I had a bunch of reference mixes to roll out at work, so I had plenty of time to juggle with Apple's servers. Took about an hour and at one point I had 10 iPads in my cart, but I eventually got it through. Got email confirmation on my black 32GB wifi.

12. Beemer

Beemer Member
    Bronze

Interesting, for us Canadians, we get a delivery date of March 16-20th. I see most of you get the 16th, I guess the delivery service is Canada is not what it is in the USA!

13. imamac

imamac Member
    Bronze

Black, 64GB,Wi-FI + 4G LTE - to be delivered on March 16th.
    I coincidentally scheduled that day off of work to just hang out around the house so yippee!

14. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I seem to be stuck in the Processing your order loop. Been that way for 10 minutes now. Uugghh

15. Lstrike

Lstrike New Member

After being rattled for a few hours the orders went through at 5:30pm or so. Delivered on the 16th date. Two 32gb Wifi only iPads. One in white and one in black. White for wifey and black for me.

Can't wait calling in dead to work on the 16th!

16. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Just ordered mine.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

17. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Order finally went through. Sat there in that processing your order loop for 30 minutes or so till it crapped out. Enter all my info again and poof..... Waiting for the 16th :D

18. smelton3

smelton3 Member
    Bronze

I ordered white 32GB Wi-Fi +4G LTE AT&T. Tried around 2:30pm when the site came back up but it looped and processed a long time. Finally got it ordered around 5:30pm. I was working from both my iPad and iPhone. It took about 20 minutes to get through. This will be my third one. Decided to go with white to match my phone. I have had black previously with phone and first two iPads. Change will be nice I guess. Glad everything is on iCloud because I will be working next Friday and had it delivered to the job. Pretty excited. No lines and no fuss this time around.
    I usually gift my previous iPhones and the last iPad to someone. I guess I feel I have been blessed to buy then I share with others who may not see owning one a priority due to other obligations.
    Thinking about keeping my black iPad2. Nice to have one to use while one charges or whatever. Not sure yet. Kind of having second thoughts about the white. It looks great as a phone. I hope the screen pops and dazzles in a white frame. Small thing to worry about in the grand scheme of life. I guess that is what one would call a "First World" problem.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iCafe app

19. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

Super pumped, my wife let me get the 32gb! 16gb just wasn't enough!

Sent from my 32Gb iPhone 4S using iCafe app

Attached Files:

20. downsized

downsized Member
    Bronze

Finally!
    After seven hours of hitting the iPad button.
    New iPad
    64 gb
    Wifi
    Att lte
    Black