The official new iPad pre-order thread

smelton3

Bronze
Apr 5, 2011
Had mine delivered to work. Came at about 11 this morning. I was still at home when I checked the tracking information. Glad to see it was signed for. Made coming to work a pleasure. Now I am so ready to go so I can get it up and running. It is still in the delivery box. Just opened it to make sure it was in there. Tomorrow morning is going to be spent getting it all synced up with all my favorite apps.
Still loving this iPad2 though. Not sure I want to part ways with it. Probably give it away like the other iPad and previous iPhones.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iCafe app

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
My iDay Fed Ex guy was the same one I had yesterday who dropped off the Apple TV. He came at 11:15am.

This iPad is NICE to say the least. I've got to get used to it, but so far, I LOVE it. I've put on my screen protector, my home button cover, my Dark Gray Smart Cover and I'm good to go.

Now, if I can only get all these email accounts on here, got too many. Took a break once I got the important ones on.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
My iDay Fed Ex guy was the same one I had yesterday who dropped off the Apple TV. He came at 11:15am.

This iPad is NICE to say the least. I've got to get used to it, but so far, I LOVE it. I've put on my screen protector, my home button cover, my Dark Gray Smart Cover and I'm good to go.

Now, if I can only get all these email accounts on here, got too many. Took a break once I got the important ones on.
I was waiting for you ! I almost bought one at BB today they had plenty left .......I loved the display. But I really shouldn't we are getting ready to move and there re so many changes I rather have my $ in the bank just in case ........

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Finally got mine at 4:45 PM. This thing is a lot of fun! Typing is weird coming from iPhone. The dictation works great though.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
I was waiting for you ! I almost bought one at BB today they had plenty left .......I loved the display. But I really shouldn't we are getting ready to move and there re so many changes I rather have my $ in the bank just in case ........
You're making the right decision. You've got to have that $ for your move! More important by far!

It is an amazing screen! I have nothing to compare it to, but the screen looks just like my iPhone 4S and I love it. This iPad is amazing. I've been playing with it since I got it.

One thing though, maybe I've got a bum iPad Dock, but I've been charging it on the Dock since 12:00 and it still hasn't reached 100% from 85% it shipped at. It stays at 97% and the dock shows the lightning bolt and then the plug as if its at 100% then all the sudden it will change back and forth. It's puzzling and I wonder if my Pad is being damaged.

I read where the battery takes a long time to charge, but I think this is not good at all.

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
Just got home from the studio. I got a "delivery exception" about an hour ago. Called Fedex and they said a delivery attempt hasn't been made yet. That just indicates that the projected "deliver by" time has changed. To 6:59PM in my case.

I'm always the last one on iDay to get mine delivered....
Same here! Got mine around 4:30 pm.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
It's charging on the plug ? It won't charge on the PC/Mac
Also I read that the "New iPad'" takes longer to Charge. It is way bigger then the iPad2's
I had it hooked up to my iMac with the iPad Dock and it took soo long to get it to 97% but then it would flake out and show 97% with a plug as if it were fully charged and then it would go back to the plug as if it wasn't done charging but it wouldn't ever get to 100%. I plugged it directly into the wall and it is now at 100%.

I've got a bum iPad Dock. It gets exchanged.

Sent from The new iPad using iCafe app

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
It's charging on the plug ? It won't charge on the PC/Mac
Also I read that the "New iPad'" takes longer to Charge. It is way bigger then the iPad2's
It will charge on a Mac/pc, though it takes a little longer.
And yeah, the new iPad takes an eternity to charge!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Finally got mine at 4:45 PM. This thing is a lot of fun! Typing is weird coming from iPhone. The dictation works great though.
I was wondering why you sounded like a noob, then I remembered this is your first iPad. How you liking it so far?

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
FedEx said my iPad has departed Oakland, CA and is on its way here. I live in Honolulu, HI. I should get it on Monday or Tuesday.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
if you want to type on it more like your iPhone, just put one thumb on each side of the keyboard and pull it apart.