The official new iPad pre-order thread

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
I'll post a video! Heck yeah! However, when I get it will depend upon who Apple uses to ship and what kind of shipping is used. FedEx shows up before noon at my house. UPS, however will usually show up before noon if it's next day, before 3 PM with two-day and between 5-7 pm if it's shipped ground. Sometimes I really LOATHE UPS. :)

jfleming01

Bronze
Apr 29, 2009
Was worried because I had not gotten confirmation email. Processing order showed up under my account so I called and I'm good. In answer to my own question he said expediting would not make any difference. Tired Apple rep was very nice and said he loves launches. They really are great. Black wifi 16 first iPad very psyched. Thanks to this forum made it very easy to keep up. Sorry for the long post.

Turns out confirmation email arrived 1/2 hour after I ordered- went to my junk folder. Of course 3 other emails from Apple and various nigerian princes with money to give away got through

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I feel sorry for you guys that need your wife's permission for something like this. Man up and just tell her what you're buying. The hell with this permission crap.
I feel sorry for your wife and her complete lack of say in family finances. ;)

zandrik

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
once i find out which shipping company is sending it, I'll call them and have them hold it at the facility. If it's fed ex, then they're usually good about it. Then I hace sometimes been able to pick it up the day before.

So once you get your tracking number, call the shipping company and request to pick it up. They will tell you where you can pick it up. So usually as you track the shipment, it will arrive at a local facility. A lot of times it will be a day before scheduled delivery. And you can just go pick it up. It's worked several times for me.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I can almost guarantee they won't let you pick up an iPad from a Fedex facility a day early. Besides, I thought I read it that DHL got the big deal this time around...?

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
I can almost guarantee they won't let you pick up an iPad from a Fedex facility a day early. Besides, I thought I read it that DHL got the big deal this time around...?
I hope not. FedEx will get it to me in the morning. I've never even seen DHL around here and the few DHL deliveries I've ever gotten have arrived in the US Mail.

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
I also got the notification that my Smart Cover shipped. Going to take a while to get here though, which is just as well considering I don't have an iPad until the 16th :D

Is anyone else surprised that you can still order so many versions of the new iPad and get it on launch day? I was dying to pre-order mine as soon as I could, but apparently I didn't need to be so hasty. Does this indicate low interest in pre-ordering or that Apple has allotted plenty for pre-order this time around? I know there was talk last week about iPads already on their way over to the US, so maybe they really are just that prepared.

mbairguy

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 8, 2012
Birmingham, AL
So I finally decided to join the Apple klan...Xmas 2011 bought an MBAir 13.3, Ipad2, black-64gb, wi-fi + 3G (verizon). The iPad2 is still in-the-box (unopened).

Yesterday I pre-ordered a black-64gb, wi-fi + 4G LTE (verizon) and received confirmation email at 4:06PM (CST). Website still shows "Processing Items"...no ship email yet.............

downsized

Bronze
May 3, 2009
I ordered a cheapo iPad2 case ($13pp) from eBay this morning. Hopefully, it will work olay.
I figure that even if it only "kinda" works, it will be better than nothing until the case builders get up to speed.
Then, I can buy one that I really like and "gift" the cheap one to a friend with an iPad2.
I hate like h*ll to travel without a case, and I have a trip scheduled for the the following week. so anything is better than nothing.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I pre-ordered a Black 64G WiFi & 4G LTE (AT&T) iPad.

I went back and forth on this, but I know me and I have 19.1 GB free on my iPhone of 64GB right now, so I'm sure I'll be close to filling this baby up.

Says it will deliver by Fed Ex on the 16th. I ordered Apple TV, Dark Gray Smart Cover, iPad doc and a Apple Digital AV Adapter. Three of these things have shipped out already. The two major things have not gone out yet.

It's going to be a tough week next week.

zandrik

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
I picked it up a day early last year. So I'm just going off of experience.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I also got the notification that my Smart Cover shipped. Going to take a while to get here though, which is just as well considering I don't have an iPad until the 16th :D

Is anyone else surprised that you can still order so many versions of the new iPad and get it on launch day? I was dying to pre-order mine as soon as I could, but apparently I didn't need to be so hasty. Does this indicate low interest in pre-ordering or that Apple has allotted plenty for pre-order this time around? I know there was talk last week about iPads already on their way over to the US, so maybe they really are just that prepared.
a major shipment of iPads from china went through FedEx's Anchorage facility today.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Hi...

I ordered the 32gb white wifi only. Friday delivery and I coincidentally have the day off because I have no day care. It'll be nice to be home when it arrives. Won't be as frantic about it though. This is my third generation iPad I've had.

mbairguy

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 8, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Waiting on the deluge of happy "your order has shipped" emails. When....when...da*nit