The only thing I don't like about mobile

mac29

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
If someone were to delete a contact, or just delete the whole contact list while you're not home, then you would lose EVERYTHING on all calendars and the iPhone.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
If someone were to delete a contact, or just delete the whole contact list while you're not home, then you would lose EVERYTHING on all calendars and the iPhone.
In the past, .mac would allow you to set a threshold for the number of changes it could process without user intervention. Thus, if I deleted all my contacts, at the next sync it would tell me that 100% of db was changing. I would need to confirm that was my intent before it would proceed.

Also, if you use a mac. Time Machine will let you recover. All you need to do is reset your sync in the Advanced menu of .me.

mac29

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
In the past, .mac would allow you to set a threshold for the number of changes it could process without user intervention. Thus, if I deleted all my contacts, at the next sync it would tell me that 100% of db was changing. I would need to confirm that was my intent before it would proceed.

Also, if you use a mac. Time Machine will let you recover. All you need to do is reset your sync in the Advanced menu of .me.
So does mobile me do the samething? I'm not sure what you mean by resetting the sync in the advanced menu. I just got a mac like 2 weeks ago...sorry. I also haven't set up my time machine yet, but I guess I will this weekend. It says that in setup will have to format the drive, and I have a lot of stuff on there for my windows computer that I need to move somewhere else. That sucks too...