The "Other'" iPhone Site

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I just left this new topic on the "other" iPhone site:

"Wow!

The lack of civility on this site in the last few days is alarming. I suppose that with the influx of new users this was bound to happen. It's a shame that so many threads sink so quickly into name-calling and insults now. Oh well, I still have the other site, which doesn't seem to have been affected as much, fortunately. I guess I'll be getting a lot more of my iPhone fix over there from now on."

The arrival of new users has turned that site into a zoo. I'll check in there occasionally, but it's definitely EiC for me from now on.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Wow-I guess we should be proud of our behavior and citizenship!;)
A+ for all of you.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Can't say I'm shocked. I still like and go to that site, but less frequently and spend less time - for exactly those sort of reasons.

Seems to me there have been issues of that nature there for some time - and that now they have just worsened by a lot it sounds like ...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Eurisko (MMI moderator) said:
The grass may be greener for now, but they'll be back. Current issues aside, this remains the friendliest and best iPhone forum around. :)
Umm.. yeah. ;)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Compliments to everyone on being so well behaved.:p Funny you bring this up, because earlier today I was thinking about how EIC has been running very smoothly compared to last year. For those of you who were around last year, the site had some growing pains during the first release. General bad behavior, posts littered in incorrect categories, etc. Let's not even talk about the price drop mayhem. I was on vacation for that lunacy and the forum erupted. The better half of that particular day was spent in the hotel room in St. Thomas, just a few feet from the beach. Ah, the early days of everythingiPhone.com. Seems things have been running smoothly since we moved to iCafe or so he'll tell you.:p

-Chris

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
O SHUt THE HELL UP!

Wait... What are we taliking about?

The beauty of EIC is that most people around here have a sense of humour. That is the deal maker for me. If you think I really believe half of what I say, then you must be the butt of my joke. J/k.

NEW SLOGAN:

Everythingicafe.com has soul. Help youself.

J/k.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
And this place would NOT be the same without you, OJ. You are the salt of everythingiCafe. ;)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
He's more like pepper, I think. But this could be a whole 'nother thread: everyone's "spice" at EIC.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Can you explain yourself, cause I'm offended. I was just trying to say good job to everyone for keeping it pleasant and making people feel welcome to come to these forums to learn about the iPhone. Why are you saying this to me?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Can you explain yourself, cause I'm offended. I was just trying to say good job to everyone for keeping it pleasant and making people feel welcome to come to these forums to learn about the iPhone. Why are you saying this to me?
I think that person was just being coy. If not OJ and I will beat him up behind the bleachers for you!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Thank you, call it coy, but I hate smart a#$ mean people. There's no excuse for it. I try to be nice to everyone and this is what's replied to me?

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
that was uncalled for, don't bring that mess here, im not a mod or anything and we welcome new folks here all time, but if you are going to be a jack ass to a long time member here then im sure that we can do without one less memeber, and yes i mean you.