The perfect monitor to go along with your iPhone...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mediarite

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
ColoRADo
I bought this Viewsonic monitor a month ago. The quality is awesome and I loved that I could dock my iPod in it. Very convenient.

Well, now it's even more convenient because it also works with my iPhone. In fact, if I remove the cup that the iPod is supposed to sit in, I can leave on my InCase cover and still plug it into the built-in dock.

(I have no affiliation with Viewsonic. I'm just loving this setup)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
But the actual video doesn't work correct? everything i have read has stated that the interface will show up on an external monitor, but the videos on the phone will not.

mediarite

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
ColoRADo
But the actual video doesn't work correct? everything i have read has stated that the interface will show up on an external monitor, but the videos on the phone will not.
I'm not sure I understand your question. The monitor is a standard desktop monitor. It's not intended to be an external monitor for your iPod. It's a quality monitor that happens to have an iPod dock built in, that also happens to work with the iPhone, even with the incase skin on it.

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
What I'm saying is, with the monitor you can view the ipod interface of the phone, but it's my understanding that you cannot play videos loaded on the phone through the monitor. ie - there is no video output from the phone for stored videos. So if you have a movie loaded on your iPhone, you cannot connect it to a monitor and watch it on that, to my knowledge.