The pets of eiC

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1443302945.790634.jpg

We have a new addition to our family. We rescued her today from a puppy rescue shelter. It didn't take long to fall in love with her. She is a Heller/Lab mix.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
My golden retriever (in photo) needed to be let go a few days ago. She was very old but still very happy. She was having major hip problems and stomach issues. It took a little while for my mom to get through the sadness. Well that part won't ever be done. We will still all miss her. It's definitely quiet around the house now, and less dog hair on the ground. Our snouzer is sad though being an only dog now.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
My golden retriever (in photo) needed to be let go a few days ago. She was very old but still very happy. She was having major hip problems and stomach issues. It took a little while for my mom to get through the sadness. Well that part won't ever be done. We will still all miss her. It's definitely quiet around the house now, and less dog hair on the ground. Our snouzer is sad though being an only dog now.
Any thoughts on getting another? I have lost many over the years.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
My mom talks to a friend about getting another, but she's done with animals now besides the snouzer and cat we have. Animals stress her out for sure with medical issues etc.
Really? Animals, dogs in particular, always seem to help me deal with stress. Like all living things, as we age, we develop health problems.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Really? Animals, dogs in particular, always seem to help me deal with stress. Like all living things, as we age, we develop health problems.
I meant that our golden retrievers medical issues were causing stress to my mom. It was time for her to go though. We knew she was just living in a bad way. She was still happy and playful every now and then, but yeah. It's not good to keep animals when they are clearly in dire pain. If they are in good condition but still needing medication then that would be alright.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Wo dislikes a picture of someone's cat? O_o
I looked up who it was (anyone can do this. PM me if you're not sure how). It's out of character for him. He most likely accidentally tapped it while scrolling. It's pretty easy to do.

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
IMG_0089.JPG
"Maui", our pit bull/lab mix. She is an absolute sweetheart to those she knows. Not so nice with strangers at the door and small dogs.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Wo dislikes a picture of someone's cat? O_o
There is a time in my life when I probably would have. Heck at one time, I disliked a whole lot of posts -- so much so that @chris removed my ability to dislike anything, or mark them funny, or agree. All I can do now is like posts through the app. I can't even do it from a desktop.

That being said, I'd like to think I've come around a bit. Last week, I even sent a request to @chris requesting full reinstatement of my liking, disliking, agreeing, etc. privileges. To date, no response. If anyone wants to put in a good word for me, I'd appreciate it. Even if some of us have had our differences.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I can't remember if i posted pictures of my new dog. Well he's not new anymore. He'll be 3 on November 1...