The pets of eiC

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
One of my favorite photos of Floyd when he was a kitten. Well, I should say when he was under 1. We rescued him from the fierce outdoor world when he was one. This was shortly after he finished his battle with conjunctivitis, which led to us rescuing him and bringing him to a local vet. He's sitting on my desk right now as I post, so I'm confident he approves of this photo.

fl.jpg

CanadianNemo

Genius
Gold
Aug 31, 2010
My puppy ate a chicken drumstick bone whole last night... :( I gave her bread on the advice of Dr. Google. Any other tips to make sure it passes through okay? I will obviously keep an eye on her, I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do in the meantime.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
My puppy ate a chicken drumstick bone whole last night... :( I gave her bread on the advice of Dr. Google. Any other tips to make sure it passes through okay? I will obviously keep an eye on her, I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do in the meantime.
wouldn't it be safer to take it to the vet? Just a thought.

CanadianNemo

Genius
Gold
Aug 31, 2010
wouldn't it be safer to take it to the vet? Just a thought.
I phoned my vet and he said the only thing they can do that I can't is surgery if it ends up causing blockage. He didn't really have any tips for me except "watch her" and bring her in if I see blood, vomiting, behaviour changes, etc.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
To cat owners, does your cat freak out when you change your house, travel and take her, etc.? Last summer I took my cat to our house in the North Coast and she sort of hid under the bed for two days straight without eating, drinking, or anything. Every time we tried to grab her or something she would scream and her tongue was just hanging outside and she looked like she had brain damage or something. I had to take care back home and once she stepped inside she used the toilet, ate, drank, and everything went back to normal.

Is that normal for cats or is something wrong with mine? We travel quite often to the house in the North Coast in the summer and it just sucks leaving her here.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I phoned my vet and he said the only thing they can do that I can't is surgery if it ends up causing blockage. He didn't really have any tips for me except "watch her" and bring her in if I see blood, vomiting, behaviour changes, etc.
I see. Good luck, it must be nerve-racking.