The Problem With The App Reviews

Feb 11, 2009
If this has been covered/mentioned before, I apologize.

But the system of putting in a review AFTER you have deleted a program seems to me to lend itself to more negative reviews.

After all, you are DELETING the program itself.

I'm think most of the star reviews are a result of this process.
Am I correct in my thinking?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

But the system of putting in a review AFTER you have deleted a program seems to be to lend itself to more negative reviews.

Makes sense to me, too.

Jul 27, 2007

But the system of putting in a review AFTER you have deleted a program seems to me to lend itself to more negative reviews.

I have to agree, as well. However, I would rather hear the negative reviews as opposed to the shmoosing positive ones...

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I have to agree, as well. However, I would rather hear the negative reviews as opposed to the shmoosing positive ones...
Positive or negative, i look for the long well thought out reviews or reviews where i can easily tell that the person has some intelligence(not evident in most reviews).

Or i go to toucharcade.com for game reviews or other sites for the other types of apps.

R

RoundSpot

I also think this is an odd way of doing it, since it results in mostly negative comments and grades, since the user after all has decided to remove the app.

But I also see why Apple need to encourage you to post a review or grade the app, since not a whole lot of people do that at all as it is today. Take our app for example, we sell quite a few of it, but still haven't got any feedback from anyone. Neither positive nor negative, it is hard to know which way to evolve the application without feedback from the users.

Skol312000

Dec 8, 2008
N
U can put a review o. The app from app store after u buy it, and not delete it... Scroll down to bottom click reviews and add one.. Without deleting the App

R

RoundSpot

Yes that is also possible, but I don't think many people use the opportunity and that is the reason why Apple felt they needed to push the user in the right direction.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Yes that is also possible, but I don't think many people use the opportunity and that is the reason why Apple felt they needed to push the user in the right direction.
Agreed. You'd have to assume that most users are reasoning human beings that are capable of independent thought...:)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I agree but there are some apps that I deleted and rated at stars. I just didn't use the app anymore. I can see how a lot of people would give a poor rating right after deleting though.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I also get a kick out of the reviewers who write a rave review only to give the app a single star. I guess they forget to adjust the star rating.