The Proverbial iPhone Nano

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
H

Hayesimus

I was just looking at another thread about one of those iPhone nano imposters. My question is this. What if they produced an iPhone nano that DID look like the ones in the pics. About 3/4 the size of the reg iPhone. If it came out at the same time as i2. would you get the full sized version or the nano version? I think a tiny phone is a real turn-on, so to speak. I mean I understand the postive thing about the size of the iPhone is the huge display but I have no doubt that if they made a tiny version of it, I'd freak and buy it YESTERDAY! lol. Its the only thing I really REALLY miss about my KRZR. it was SOOOOO tiny and neat. lol so i for one hope to god that they DO come out with a nano, but i don't want them to skimp on the features. I mean at least have what iPhone1 had, you know? wow, i'm such a rambler. I'm gonna stop typing now! lol.

H

Hayesimus

Yeah i wish it was possible to have like almost nothing past the screen. just chrome bezzle all the way. then the phone would be pretty small.

H

Hayesimus

yeah. i never thought about it like that. But what i'm wondering is, can't they do what they have started to do with some of the new LCD tvs, and have almost all screen facing. then the iPhone nano could be the size of the current iPhone's touchscreen. They could put the earpiece on the top side like the speaker is on the bottom of our iPhone. You could just hold the phone down from your ear and it would project it slightly or something. I dunno, Apple can figure that stuff out lol. but do you get what i'm saying? I'm sure its possible. it may still cost 600 dollars though. actually maybe more. but i think it'd be worth it. i'm all about the smaller tech being better. But simply the idea is worth discussion.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i hear ya, but from Apple's perspective the goal for an iPhone nano would be to reach a market of people that don't want to pay $400+ for a phone.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
With iPods, I've always gone with Nanos.

But with the iPhone, I'd go with the big version. The Nano would obviously have less capacity, and would most likely be lacking a few of the features that the G2 iPhone has now, maybe even some we have now.

- John

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
It's springboard would only have enough room for like 4 buttons probably. If thats the case, it wouldn't be so bad, almost worth having as a sort of backup phone for nights out where you don't want to lug around the standard size iPhone. I can't put my hand in my right pocket because of the iPhone, I've got a belkin slipcase tucked away inside, with the clasp facing outwards.

I'd kill for the functionality of an iPhone, and the ability to get my pocket back! I'm not a fan of stuff you clip on belts, reminds me of that guy in Revenge of the Nerds with his calculator holster.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I might get it as a spare iPhone, like to take with me to the beach or something or places where I wouldn't need the full functionality or size of the regular iPhone. It would be a neat little novelty though.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
It's springboard would only have enough room for like 4 buttons probably. If thats the case, it wouldn't be so bad, almost worth having as a sort of backup phone for nights out where you don't want to lug around the standard size iPhone. I can't put my hand in my right pocket because of the iPhone, I've got a belkin slipcase tucked away inside, with the clasp facing outwards.

Ha! Lug around? You make it sound like such a chore.

H

Hayesimus

yeah like,"I GUESS I'll use the state-of-the-art, coolest phone on the planet... If I HAVE to..."

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Ha! Lug around? You make it sound like such a chore.
You took the words right out of my mouth!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:. We are truly spoiled. It wasn't so long ago that these were the "portable" phones of their day! That's how people ended up with ears like this guy's:

H

Hayesimus

"I wish J.J. Abrams had done Star Trek Voyager. LOST in the delta quadrant woulda had a completely different meaning."

what does this mean?
well. First, star trek voyager was set in a different part of the galaxy. Essentially the crew was stranded there and on their journey home they'd meet new alien races. Well. LOST is a cult phenomenon created by J. J. Abrams and it is one of the most intriguing tv productions that has ever aired. So now J. J. Abrams is directing the new star trek movie due next year. So my signature just means I wished he'd been involved with voyager because he could have done some really fresh concepts and stuff. Oh that and I'm a dork.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^^The only thing that bothers me about LOST anymore is the LACK of fresh concepts and innovation. I stopped watching midway through last season because I got tired of the same situations and nothing new ever happening. I might try and watch them now that season 3 is out on DVD but the show has gone far downhill in my opinion. This is coming from someone who was absolutely ADDICTED to the show when it first came out.

H

Hayesimus

well there have been some very interesting developments and they don't do the same situations over and over. It just takes several episodes for the plot thread to come to fruition. I have never lost interest. But god I hate these long breaks!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^^The long breaks were another reason I stopped watching. Honestly, it's months and months of nothing and then they finally have some episodes, but it's usually only a handful before another break, it kills me.