The Raker's idiot proof guide to getting album art for all your songs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
What you need:

-itunes
-this website: http://art4iTunes.com/getart/uploadtracks.php

what you do:

1) in iTunes, go to file menu --> export --> save your music.txt file somewhere u can get to

2) go to the website, and direct the little box to that file

3) album artwork will be displayed for all the searches it can find.

4) to add album artwork: highlight all the songs in that album, right click and click 'get info'. Then drag the picture from the website onto the small box labeled artwork, click ok, and youre done!

not all artwork is available on this site, but its pretty effin good.

enjoy

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I was surprised iTunes worked so well because of the title layouts and such. I wasn't being sarcastic either it got 650 out of 800 ish

RomeoSto

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Chicago IL
Another method

Using iTunes:

1. Import the folder that contains your album
2. Next looking in your library under music switch your view to coverflow or the middle option of the three view buttons. I don't have my computer in front of me or I'd be more specific.
3. Look through the list available to see if one of your loose songs has album art attached to it, sometimes they will be already grouped.
4. Note the why the artist and album Info is listed
5. Next select a song that isn't labeled correct and begin to change the artist/album info, if u watch while u type it will try to plug in the correct info just press enter.
6. The song will disappear or suddenly move if u did this correctly it will be added to the album with the correct album art already attached.
7. In a case where u import an album and no album art is added or isn't correct try just putting the main artist's name in for artist info.
8. Under album put the album name in just as it appears sometime u my have to omit special characters fof ex. ":".
9. don't forget to right click the new and select get album art.

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
Make sure the spelling is correct when you do the "get artwork" in iTunes or it won't find it.
I always do a search for whatever album artwork i'm looking for in iTunes then see how they spell and word the album that way finding it is easier.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Just go to wikipedia and search for the album. 99% of the time the album art is there. Just drag it into the artwork box on your iTunes.

Welcome to Mac.