The return of the slow back up.

icecreamman2

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
san francisco/vancouver
anyone remember how on 2.0 the iPhone backed up REALLY slow. like so slow you could go grocery shopping and come back and it would just start sinking. 2.1 fixed it for me but its slowly coming back, it just took me 20 minutes to back it up.. any suggestions. or any date on the new firmwire.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Sometimes the backup goes bad and gets corrupted. If that happens, iTunes will do a full backup. This takes a long time! Hours sometimes, depending on how much stuff you have on your phone. Just let it go overnight sometime, then subsequent backups should go much faster.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
My last backup was rather lengthy due to a previous corrupt one. It was still only about an hour but it was rather annoying.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I recently had a corrupt backup file as well, the long backup was kind of annoying however the next backup was normal.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
anyone remember how on 2.0 the iPhone backed up REALLY slow. like so slow you could go grocery shopping and come back and it would just start sinking. 2.1 fixed it for me but its slowly coming back, it just took me 20 minutes to back it up.. any suggestions. or any date on the new firmwire.
Did you by any chance install a ton of apps and play a lot of games between syncs? If so, that could cause the long backups.

Joe

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Just do what I do. Every so often (when I remember), I backup my entire data iTunes folder. If the backup goes corrupt, just copy the directory from your backup. Won't have to worry about long backups again.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Just do what I do. Every so often (when I remember), I backup my entire data iTunes folder. If the backup goes corrupt, just copy the directory from your backup. Won't have to worry about long backups again.
Great Idea!

fkjr2

Aug 22, 2009

where do we find this folder exactly on a PC - thanks

mikeyisfresh

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
twitter.com
where do we find this folder exactly on a PC - thanks

On a Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

On Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

On Windows Vista: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

[via http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766]