THE Right Brain vs Left Brain test

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
THE Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and langauge
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
THE Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and langauge
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking
This is frustrating! I can't see anything but clockwise, which is annoying since I'm aware this is ambiguous. And I'm also surprised this means I'm right brained, as I'm far more a math/logic person.

Last edited by a moderator:

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
This is frustrating! I can't see anything but clockwise, which is annoying since I'm aware this is ambiguous. And I'm also surprised this means I'm right brained, as I'm far more a math/logic person.

i agree. i am also very mathematical but i can only see the dancer spinning one way. it's just so easy to figure out..

and if you really think about it, to figure it out is actually mathematical :eek:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Clockwise for me and stuck that way...tried to spin her around the other way, now my head hurts...:mad:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Well see, for me it works like this: I click on THIS thread and see the rotating woman, rotating "clockwise" and I scroll down and read the new post, THEN when I scroll back up and look at it, it's spinning "counter-clockwise"!

Try scrolling down until it's out of sight, then scroll back up to it and see if that changes anything, because it does for me...

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I've probably viewed this over 2 dozen times the last few weeks, and I CAN NOT for the life of me get her to spin counter clockwise.

It kills me.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
This is so interesting. Clockwise for me the majority of the time. I recall receiving this via email many months ago, and back then I saw it counter-clockwise. :eek:

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
Look at the shadow that she puts out on the bottom and think the opposite of how you normally see it, just focus on that for a bit and look up, makes me switch it every time :)

Optimous

Bronze
Nov 30, 2007
yes rape i can make my mind turn it both ways' just look at the floor were she is spinning and you see her shadow...her shadow is spinning the opposite direction then look at it for a bit and it tricks your head and now its spinning anti-clockwise.