THE SCION xB: THE OFFICIAL iPhone AUTOMOBILE

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
...i checked out rishio's topic

..then i recalled the thread i posted (which was quite ironic)
http://www.iPhoneforum.info/iphone-forum/viewtopic.php?t=1184&highlight=

...along with the reports about the 2008 scion's being ipod compatible...
Scion today announced that its entire 2008 lineup will come with standard iPod connectivity
http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/02/08/scion.ipod.integration/
A choice from three new head units will be available on all 2008 Scions. All sound systems feature six speakers and standard iPod connectivity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scion_xB

...and based on its shape, i am convinced that the scion xb is THE official iPhone automobile...:laugh2:

...what yall think...

Last edited by a moderator:

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Talk about pulling disparate pieces of information together to come up with a hair-brained, off the wall theory.

First Apple does not need any sort of co-branding with iPhone.

Second, if they did need co-branding it is unlikley to be in the form of an automobile.

Third, if they did need co-branding with an automobile (see points one and two) it would most likely be with a brand with whom Apple has worked with before like BMW or Saturn. My bet would be Saturn and specifically the Ion Redline since it fits iPhone's demographic. Actually I take that back as the Ion is getting discontinued. Probably be the Cobalt SS.

But seriously there ain't gonna be an iPhone official anything for quite some time. I mean Apple doesn't need it and dilluting the brand just doesn't make sense right now.

- SR

gt1948

Bronze
Jan 30, 2007
Memphis
I hope not because the xB isn't all that great of a car.
Was wondering, do you own one; what do you based that observation on if you don't? :eek::(

I have had one for a month now and lov it......
Teal, slush box, Nav System and the Ipod works like a charm and I am sure the iPhone will too after speaking with Apple rep.:laugh2::laugh2:

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Was wondering, do you own one; what do you based that observation on if you don't? :eek::(

Teal, slush box, Nav System and the Ipod works like a charm and I am sure the iPhone will too after speaking with Apple rep.:laugh2::laugh2:

thanks gt- for stickn up for a brother...yeah!...i co-sign that man...if you don't have one, then don't talk negative about one...so, gt what year is yours man...the 2008 models are going to have it intergrated...did you have to install the iPod intergration yourself...

gt1948

Bronze
Jan 30, 2007
Memphis
thanks gt- for stickn up for a brother...yeah!...i co-sign that man...if you don't have one, then don't talk negative about one...so, gt what year is yours man...the 2008 models are going to have it intergrated...did you have to install the iPod intergration yourself...
nope, ordered the Nav system when i ordered the 2008 car. Just plug the Ipod in with the supplied cable and it shows up on the hugh 6.1 inch screen,,,,same controls as on the ipod really nice.:cool::cool:

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
nope, ordered the Nav system when i ordered the 2008 car. Just plug the Ipod in with the supplied cable and it shows up on the hugh 6.1 inch screen,,,,same controls as on the ipod really nice.:cool::cool:
yoooo...you got the 2008 model...yooooo...word...if you don't mind me askn, is the 2008 model reasonable in price...since its already iPod intergrated, do you really need the Nav syst...how much is the Nav syst....and is it bluetooth intergrated...man that will hot it the iPhone sync with the systm in the 2008 model

gt1948

Bronze
Jan 30, 2007
Memphis
yoooo...you got the 2008 model...yooooo...word...if you don't mind me askn, is the 2008 model reasonable in price...since its already iPod intergrated, do you really need the Nav syst...how much is the Nav syst....and is it bluetooth intergrated...man that will hot it the iPhone sync with the systm in the 2008 model
Nav system adds 2000 to base price....no BT

will let you know next friday if iPhone works, Apple thinks it will......

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
I have a 2006 xA, and I happen to think it's a great car.

Gotta say the styling on the 2008 xB really turns me off. I've seen so many customized xBs that look better than the new body style.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Yuck... I hope Apple customers are smarter than to buy a rebranded Cavalier.
Well since this is no longer an iPhone thread and is now a car thread...

The Chevy Cobalt has no relation to the Cavalier at all. Its linage actually came from Saturn. The Cobalt SS is actually a rebadged Saturn Ion Redline. Same exact car, except for rear disc brakes I think.

- SR

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I have a 2006 xA, and I happen to think it's a great car.

Gotta say the styling on the 2008 xB really turns me off. I've seen so many customized xBs that look better than the new body style.
i must agree..i do like the 1stg of the xB better than the 2ndgen xB...and the reason i chose this vehicle was because of the body shape relation to the iPhone...box and slim body type...

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007

Why would I own an xB if I don't like it? All I need to know is its 103HP engine and an almost 10 second 0-60 time. And it looks like a box on wheels.

Anyways just my opinion. If you like your xB than more power to you. Personally for the money, I would buy the Mini Cooper instead. Better performance, better looking and far more fun.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
The Chevy Cobalt has no relation to the Cavalier at all. Its linage actually came from Saturn. The Cobalt SS is actually a rebadged Saturn Ion Redline.
It's a better car but it does replace the Cavalier in the lineup at about the same price point. And it still gets below average reliability according to CR.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
again, based on its body shape, the iPhone seems to fit well with the xB...now like the cooper...but the have add to shape of the car....

better yet, when you think of the phone, what vehicle comes to mind...

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Why would I own an xB if I don't like it? All I need to know is its 103HP engine and an almost 10 second 0-60 time. And it looks like a box on wheels.

Anyways just my opinion. If you like your xB than more power to you. Personally for the money, I would buy the Mini Cooper instead. Better performance, better looking and far more fun.

You ever seen a turbocharged xB go? And by the way, the 2008 turns more than 103 hp. It's got a new 2.4L engine.

I've got a Benz in the garage too. But what car do I drive everyday? you bet it's the Scion. Cheap, easy, light on the gas, anyone can fix it, relatively sporty. Haven't found anything not to like yet.

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
again, based on its body shape, the iPhone seems to fit well with the xB...now like the cooper...but the have add to shape of the car....

better yet, when you think of the phone, what vehicle comes to mind...
Hate to say it, but I find its shape and coloring very reminicient of the new S600. Too grandmotherly for me but the aesthetic does seem to be similar.