The secret to how Apple approves Apps!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
lol....

Obviously designed with much thought by an iPhone developer. That's hilarious!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It really is a wonder at how some of the approved apps make it to the App Store. Some of them are just ridiculous.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Ha, that's pretty good. There are definitely are some pretty weird ones there..

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
It really is a wonder at how some of the approved apps make it to the App Store. Some of them are just ridiculous.
I was really looking forward to the "Pull My Finger" app. Can't imagine the gas that was passed for Steve to say no!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I feel as if the only time you're going to write a review is if you're terrifically satisfied or terribly disappointed. The greater majority of people aren't going to review anything so the other people looking for an accurate review aren't going to find any.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
The greater majority of people aren't going to review anything so the other people looking for an accurate review aren't going to find any.
Have you peeped the reviews here at EIC? I'd say on the whole, they are quite thorough.

At least you can tell the reviewer has actually used the app.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I was more so talking about the App Store reviews within iTunes. The same goes for most of the reviews, be them about Albums or Movies. They never really sway me in either direction.

gary88

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Chicago, IL
A prime example of this are all the reviews for the Fox News U-Report app. Just check it out for yourself.

KevJD

Bronze
Aug 30, 2008
I feel as if the only time you're going to write a review is if you're terrifically satisfied or terribly disappointed. The greater majority of people aren't going to review anything so the other people looking for an accurate review aren't going to find any.
Actually, I think the blame is squarely on Apple regarding this issue. For some insane reason, they allow reviews to be submitted from users that HAVE NOT EVEN DOWNLOADED AND USED THE APP! This is a major problem in my eyes. I'm so sick of reading worthless reviews from worthless people who cry and moan about the price of the app, or get all giddy inside because they have the first review (will NEVER understand that one), or complain that the app doesn't LOOK like it's good, or complain that the app doesn't serve a useful purpose. There is absolutely NO reason why anyone that has not physically downloaded the app should be allowed to submit a review, PERIOD! Apple obviously keeps track of each individual account, and what apps have been downloaded by that account. I'm sure it would be quite easy to restrict reviews to those that actually have the app.