the short end of the stick

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
my roommate bought an i phone with the 1.1.2 software and imeadiatly jail broke it. so in amazement of his phone i went out and bought one as well. mine was the test dummy of the two for the new 1.1.3 software and im not complaing, but will a lagit non jailbroken i phone ever be capable of doing the same things as a broken phone? because its ben my understanding that Apple is making it ever more difficult to jail break the phone while at the same time not being able to keep up with the hackers when it comes to modds.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
my roommate bought an i phone with the 1.1.2 software and imeadiatly jail broke it. so in amazement of his phone i went out and bought one as well. mine was the test dummy of the two for the new 1.1.3 software and im not complaing, but will a lagit non jailbroken i phone ever be capable of doing the same things as a broken phone? because its ben my understanding that Apple is making it ever more difficult to jail break the phone while at the same time not being able to keep up with the hackers when it comes to modds.
with the SDK about to be released by Apple there hopefully will be plenty of "officially supported" 3rd party apps available. Hopefully that means that your iPhone (and mine too as I don't jailbreak) will be able to do as much, if not more than the jailbroke iPhones.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Oh we will have more... Like I say good things come to those that wait