The sim card in this iPhone does not appear to be supported

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by qassal, Oct 7, 2008.

1. qassal

qassal New Member

Hi,
    i just bought my iPhone 3g today ... im using turbo sim because i don't use any official carrier ...

the problem im facing is ... that when i connect my iPhone with iTunes the following message appears .. "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported".... im having no problems in making calls and sending messages ...

Please tell me what should i do ?

2. fc97accord

fc97accord New Member
    Bronze

That is one of the drawbacks of a turbo sim, it is not recognized by iTunes. But all you need to do is push the sim card holder out or take the sim out and you can use iTunes without any sim.

3. iNSANE

iNSANE New Member

i just bought a brand new iPhone 3g 16gb, it came sealed in box. when i connect it to iTunes it tells me the sim card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported, so i cant see the restore button, if i cant restore it to 3.0 then i cant jailbreak or unlock, please help :(

sorry if this is in the wrong section, please move if so..

4. mr.reggaeton72

Silver

i´ve never seen this problem...maybe you should try connecting to another computer...

5. iNSANE

iNSANE New Member

nevermind, problem was solved...i had to hold the power and home button then wait for the restore to show up then i could unlock/jailbreak.

6. mr.reggaeton72

Silver

glad i helped:dft005:frazzled

7. iNSANE

iNSANE New Member

lol thanks for replying anyway :)

8. nahooj

nahooj New Member

So,
    The OS update bricked my iPhone 4 with "the sim card in this iPhone does not appear to be supported." I obviously have an ATT account + active sim card. My phone was working fine before I tried to update the OS did this error come about. I got a new SIM card, still got the same error. Went to the Apple store, they concluded it was a hardware issue and told me to fork over 150 because I was out of warranty. Called Apple support, they replaced my phone for free because they understood the problem was on them which I was thankful for until this evening when I popped in my sim card and got the same exact error. BTW, there is no error number and everything in terms of restarting (DFU mode, hard reset, everything) I've done. I've dealt with this for over a week please help me solve this..I have literally memorized my sim and imei number from reciting it so many time..so you catch my drift..how the hell can i get my phone back?

9. Babyt

Babyt Zealot
    Gold

i had this same problem with my iPhone 4 [and subsequently 4 iPhone refurbs]

read this posts i made on it and tell me if what your experiencing is similar
    http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/restored-phone-to-unjailbreak-but-cydia-and-stuff-still-there.79644/#post-859478

10. nahooj

nahooj New Member

exactly the same problem except i never jailbroke my phone which pisses me off even more

11. Babyt

Babyt Zealot
    Gold

it's not a jailbreak problem

It's a problem with Apples activation server. I had this happen to 4 iPhones and its cause they messed up some information and would not let me activate my phone. It took me harassing Apple care for hours for them to figure it out. (the first three phones were replaced at the Apple store and they activate the phone prior to giving it to me. When I activated the phone sent to me it wouldn't work)

THE ONLY way to fix is to call Apple care. And tell them what's going on. Tell them you have tried every reboot method blah blah. It's a problem that's rare, but does happen. There is NO inflation about it on the Internet (I've looked many. Many times)

Getting a new phone won't fix it. Also file a complaint and get free stuff..I've gotten free things from this Issue.

It took me about 4 days with Apple care to get it fixed (cause the techs have to manually work on your information)
    Good luck.