the solution of "Repair Needed" msg. 3G iPhones

deadstar

Feb 16, 2009
TURKIYE / AUSTRALIA
hey folks.
Recently i received that annoying message and i figured out the solution by myself.I hope that this works for you too.

(FOR LEGAL iPhoneS, NOT CRACKED)

1-Open iTunes. (not plugged in the data cable)
2- Turn off the iPhone
3- hold down the home button 5-6 secs, then plug in the data cable.
4- Keep holding down the home button and wait 5-6 more.
5- you'll see the message that you need to connect it to iTunes.
6- plug off the data cable and plug in again.
7- iTunes says that iPhone needs to be restored
8- click restore and da taa.. everything works fine.

I haven't tried this on cracked versions but, logically, if you install the ipsw file manually, this may works too.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
hey folks.
Recently i received that annoying message and i figured out the solution by myself.I hope that this works for you too.

(FOR LEGAL iPhoneS, NOT CRACKED)

1-Open iTunes. (not plugged in the data cable)
2- Turn off the iPhone
3- hold down the home button 5-6 secs, then plug in the data cable.
4- Keep holding down the home button and wait 5-6 more.
5- you'll see the message that you need to connect it to iTunes.
6- plug off the data cable and plug in again.
7- iTunes says that iPhone needs to be restored
8- click restore and da taa.. everything works fine.

I haven't tried this on cracked versions but, logically, if you install the ipsw file manually, this may works too.
Somethig just dosent seem right about this post.

deadstar

Feb 16, 2009
TURKIYE / AUSTRALIA
hmm.. what you mean?

i just wanted to help the people who received that message. if you want,you can delete my message.

cheers.

D,

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
That message is not like getting the "connect to iTunes" message. Most of the time, the Repair needed message indicates a larger problem that cannot be solved doing a couple of restores. It's generally an indication that the baseband is corrupt or dead. Rarely, if ever, does putting the phone in DFU mode, restoring, and then restoring again, fix the problem. 99.9% of the time, the phone has to go in for repair.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Thanks for the info Hawk. I had never even heard of this message before. Always learn something new here.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
No Problem. This was the error message I was getting on my V1. I watched the signal die, did a hard reset, had to restore, and ended up with that message. I never did get it working again, and the option to have Apple service it versus the cost of a new phone was not an option. I got a new 3G.

deadstar

Feb 16, 2009
TURKIYE / AUSTRALIA
first, i got the message "REPAIR NEEDED" (iPhone cannot make or receive calls) contact : Apple,com/support... No IMAI and no ICCID number showed. I tried to restore using iTunes but a sim card warning popped up. Then, i tried to restore manually, and it worked.I mean, I tried that method. Maybe, it was my luck. anyways.