the thing that bothers me most...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Finder.

Just about everything on my Mac has been superior to anything i'd ever experienced in windows... except finder. There's no "cut", no "invert selection", the window size ALWAYS defaults to a SUPER small size (whether i change it or not), "return" and/or spacebar don't open/launch items, thumbnails of pics & videos aren't stored, so they need to be regenerated everytime you open a window...

and i'm sure that's not even the entirety of my gripes.

Don't get me wrong... i love my Mac. Just needed to vent a bit. Anyone else experience these issues? Any workarounds that you've found?

tesh

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Finder.

Just about everything on my Mac has been superior to anything i'd ever experienced in windows... except finder. There's no "cut", no "invert selection", the window size ALWAYS defaults to a SUPER small size (whether i change it or not), "return" and/or spacebar don't open/launch items, thumbnails of pics & videos aren't stored, so they need to be regenerated everytime you open a window...

and i'm sure that's not even the entirety of my gripes.

Don't get me wrong... i love my Mac. Just needed to vent a bit. Anyone else experience these issues? Any workarounds that you've found?
im a pc to mac transferee as well (lol) and i'm getting to learn the new quirks in mac vs pc... spacebar is now 'quick look'? i didn't know that 'return' didn't launch a program...

hmm..sorry i can't be of help, but hopefully my post show's that you're not the only one... of course, i'll get to learning the more i use it (only had it for a day so far)