The Throwback Thursday thread

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
For those of you for whom English may not be your primary or secondary langauge, Throwback Thursday is a web trend; something that's currently popular; a fad, if you will. On Twitter, people will often hashtag it like this:

#tbt

Please use this thread to post a photo of yourself or anything from your past or from society's past, for that matter. I usually prefer to post something that involves me, but you can post whatever you like.

Here are some quick examples of some photos you may want to post:

your 8-bit Atari computer that still works
a 5.25" floppy disk
your 80s hairdo
the first vinyl record you ever owned
a link to an audio file of a recording of you calling 411 to get a phone number because Google? What is that?

Without further ado, here's my contribution.

Scan.jpg (thumbnail, click to enlarge)

Note the irony of the misspelling.

Last edited:

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Here's a shot of me wearing my Dallas Cowboys helmet (that I still have) and posing in the elusive 4 point stance. This was around 1972.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I still have that same helmet. My parents bought mine for me to have in my room/nursery before I was born. Love the classic facemask.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Me, many many years ago...

Me, many years ago.jpg

Scan of my Wonder Woman on DVD Complete First Season case
One of my favorite TV shows back in the day...

WWseason1small.jpg

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
A friend on FB asked the question "Question about the supposed decline of print media. When was the last time you bought the following: newspaper, magazine, book. I'm curious to see the responses."

It gave me an idea for my Throwback Thursday for today:

My answer to the magazine part of his question:

Magazine: March 6th, 2008 issue of Rolling Stone magazine, because one of my favorite singers was on the cover and there was an article about him.

And the Rolling Stones cover in question:

(Is 6 years long enough to qualify as a "throwback"? I hope so!) :D

JJ.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Print media has declined because of the internet. I'm not sure what's hard to understand about that. And believe me, internet journalism can be pretty horrendous.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Lol I grabbed a photo I had of me when I was much younger but then just heard on news it's Friday. If someone wants to see such a cute young chap, tell me to post it. :p