The time has come to say Goodbye....

S

Starry

I love all the friendships I've made here, I have most of you that I love on my MySpace page and on my Yahoo so you're all not going to be far from me. But it's turned into more of a "fight" session here then a helping section and it's not my fault, and it damn sure isn't Chris' fault. He has an amazing place that I use to call home and loved calling it that. But it's a shame that one person has to ruin it for so many and I'm not the only one that feels this way. Am I letting a stupid kid run me off? Oh heck no.. I just have no use to come online and see what stupid remark he's going to say to myself or any of my friends. I realize we get this by being online, but enough is enough. If I wanted to watch ungrateful mouthy teenagers, I'd go to my sisters house and watch hers, at least hers are close enough I can smack the crap out of them LOL .. Please continue to be here for Chris I know he values each and every one of you and he's honored that you all come here.. I'm just sad I can't stay cause it's just not worth it to me watch his stupid posts, and even if you ignore, someone "quotes" him and I see it all over again.. So if he wishes to call me a a coward by leaving then so be it.. I'm leaving cause I refuse to put Chris or the moderators through stupid posts when they can be helping some other people... So in saying that... Happy Easter to all that I love and adore and you all will definitely be missed.. and maybe one of you will tell me he's left or something and then I can come back..until that happens and pigs fly.. I'll be on Yahoo or MySpace and definitely IRovr!

Love you all that I call my friends SO VERY MUCH!
Starry

Oh and Chris.. thanks for proving to everyone that you didn't tell him to stay away from me.. I appreciated that :) Love you my friend and your wonderful family :)

zanDark

Dec 14, 2007
Athens - Greece
what did I miss? :eek: been too busy at work...

no matter what happened Starry I really hope you change your mind...EIC just won't be the same without you :(

Apple124

Bronze
Mar 11, 2008
well miss you! Hopefully we see you back someday!

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
starry a very unwise man from your state once said "if we allow them to change our ways of life, the terrorists win". Why let that happen?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Starry. if you leave because of a certain member who's name begins and ends with a "d", you will have let them win.

but if you really feel you want to leave, there is no point trying to stop you.

Happy Trails.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Wish you the best! I really hope to c you around again sometime. EIC won't be the same without you.

H

Hayesimus

good luck! hope you come back. I'll see you on myspace.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
i've been tempted to leave forums myself based on a few idiots. but, idiots feed off of attention and if they get none, they will eventually go away.

don't let one moron ruin an otherwise great forum.

sadly, most forums are like this starry. i ran away from howardforums for similar reasons. but the idiot ratio there is much, much higher. LOL

i won't ever ask anyone to stay or leave, but i think you yourself would argue this place is more good than bad, so why go?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Haha? You just proved me right, thanks.
WTF are you talking about. I didn't prove s**t. Just cause you don't see me post doesn't mean I don't post. Just cause you have no life and am on here 24/7 doesn't mean we are all like that. We don't all have inferiority complexes and insecurities that cause us to try to convince everyone that we are smart, like you do. Hopefully, when you become a man, you think back and say,'Man, I'm glad I'm not like that anymore.'

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
WTF are you talking about. I didn't prove s**t. Just cause you don't see me post doesn't mean I don't post. Just cause you have no life and am on here 24/7 doesn't mean we are all like that. We don't all have inferiority complexes and insecurities that cause us to try to convince everyone that we are smart, like you do. Hopefully, when you become a man, you think back and say,'Man, I'm glad I'm not like that anymore.'
LOL. I said "I rarely see you posted", then you said "Yeah because when I'm on it's past your bedtime". Hence where you proved me right. :D

Yeah - I'm here 24/7? Ok. Because I actually know stuff and post, doesn't mean I have no life. Seriously - what crawled up your ass today?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
LOL. I said "I rarely see you posted", then you said "Yeah because when I'm on it's past your bedtime". Hence where you proved me right. :D

Yeah - I'm here 24/7? Ok. Because I actually know stuff and post, doesn't mean I have no life. Seriously - what crawled up your ass today?
I'm not gonna argue with you anymore, you seem to become less and less intelligent with each dull-witted riposte.
What crawled up my a$$? You managed to run off one of EIC's favorites, a person full of happiness and positive energy, who has put a smile on everyone's face (mine more than most), and you just sit there and smile. So from here you go on ignore.

H

Hayesimus

for real depth. i've gotten along with you for the most part. and really don't have a bad view of you. but come on. you are acting immature. not because you are trying to be rude or mean or anything. i think you are genuinely trying to have fun with people on here, but the thing is it either doesn't translate across the internet or it is unwanted. I play around too and people play back, but if someone told me they were gonna quit the forum because of me, i think i would've had a very different response from a smiley face. How about an apology and an attempt to talk them into staying? I realize you probably think its not your problem and that you don't feel obligated to do something like that. but people DO actually defend you around here. I can't tell you how many times i've seen,"well he's been helpful too." so you do have your merits. Maybe you should focus on those. I really think that you could redeem yourself fully. this is not intended to insult you or make you fire back at me. I'm sincerely trying to bring peace to the boards!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
give it up, Hayes. He's 19 going on 12. I feel stupid enough for lowering myself to his level, and as such I'm ashamed. Where oh where is OJ when ya need his rapier-sharp sarcasm!

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Nicely said, Hayes. My thoughts are that Depth got off on the wrong foot with a lot of people, including myself. I have experienced the equivalent of "road rage" on this little internet superhighway at times when reading early posts and altercations with Depth. ;) However, I've also seen some real contributions made by him, a lot of help with technical problems (not just my little text bubble issue), and most importantly - I think he's made an effort to tone things down over the last couple weeks.

This is just my opinion, but I think he 'got our dander up' in the beginning, and so now we're much more sensitive to his posts. I've honestly tried not to 'take sides' (good lord, this feels a bit ridiculous); I completely understand Starry's frustration. I also think age is a big factor here; Depth is an intelligent teenager who has a lot to offer in knowledge...and he's still a teenager.

I hope that the adults can recognize the attempts to change, and that Depth can learn when it's time to NOT argue, and we all can recognize that typed words are so much different than spoken words...lots of miscommunication.

I feel affectionately towards both Starry and Depth; I hope you both stay.