The time is upon us. Kind of.

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
Well, the time has arrived, folks. I'm gettin' myself an iPhone 3g...

Just 37 more days. Or perhaps a little sooner. At any rate, it's a Christmas gift from my parents. It took a lot of sweet-talkin' and compromise, but I finally won them over, I think.

Now, I know how that sounds. Another kid who's parents bought him an iPhone just so he can haul it around school like an iDick and think he's billy-badass until it gets stolen. But I can tell you this; the last place I plan on taking that thing to is school. And if I do, it WON'T be leavin' my pocket.

But that's beside the point. The point is, I need something to keep me entertained for roughly a month, and keep my mind off my impending glee. Any suggestions?

And also, while I'm here: Any suggestions on the 8GB vs. the 16GB? I'll probably have less than 2GBs of music on my phone, so will I really need that much space? How much memory do apps take up, in general, if you have a lot?

Looking forward to being able to give a lot more input.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I need something to keep me entertained for roughly a month, and keep my mind off my impending glee. Any suggestions?
Masturbation.

These forums are pretty good, too.

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
O_O

If I could stretch it out for a month... Let's just leave it at the fact that I can't.

Although I do like the creativity!

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Well dude...its an iPhone so theirs no point in having the phone and paying the monthly bill from the contract and stuff if your not gonna have the phone on/with you
-But I second that part about leaving it in your pocket;) Like you said don't be an iDick or those people that get a blackberry and think their automatically a businesssman:p

I get my iPhone tomorrow and I cant wait!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Haha perfect advice. Go buy Spore and devote yourself to it. Or dive into the World of Warcraft and pray you can get out alive.

Seriously though, you're going to be plenty satisfied. How much video do you plan on watching on the phone? If you put movies and TV shows on the phone, they will take up room fast. I have a 16 GB that has quite a bit of music and a few videos and I want for a 32 GB. If the $100 difference isn't a big deal then I would say go for the 16 GB that way you won't regret it later.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
No, maw, just trying to be humorous. Thanks for helping!

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
Well dude...its an iPhone so theirs no point in having the phone and paying the monthly bill from the contract and stuff if your not gonna have the phone on/with you
-But I second that part about leaving it in your pocket;) Like you said don't be an iDick or those people that get a blackberry and think their automatically a businesssman:p

I get my iPhone tomorrow and I cant wait!
Dude, you're lucky you get yours! Not to say that you haven't had your share of grief. Christmas seems so far away, though...

Haha perfect advice. Go buy Spore and devote yourself to it. Or dive into the World of Warcraft and pray you can get out alive.

Seriously though, you're going to be plenty satisfied. How much video do you plan on watching on the phone? If you put movies and TV shows on the phone, they will take up room fast. I have a 16 GB that has quite a bit of music and a few videos and I want for a 32 GB. If the $100 difference isn't a big deal then I would say go for the 16 GB that way you won't regret it later.
Warcraft: Been there, done that, owned that Warchief.

Spore, however, isn't a bad idea.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Left4Dead

Little Big Planet

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Sort of...Like the original deal was that I would buy the iPhone for $199
-I asked if I could pay $170 and the $30 dollars my next paycheck and he agree'd cause I was only working weekends so.... After we close the Paypal deal he tells me I left a surprise in the package;)

I receive the package today and with a paypal receipt note saying that he has included a check for $150 dollars and that he wants me to keep the money just as long as I pass Geometry and make all of my hopes and dreams in life come true :laugh2:
-It was beautiful man :)

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
I'll bet you were pretty happy. That was really cool of him. I should find myself an iPhone donor...:laugh2:

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Sort of...Like the original deal was that I would buy the iPhone for $199
-I asked if I could pay $170 and the $30 dollars my next paycheck and he agree'd cause I was only working weekends so.... After we close the Paypal deal he tells me I left a surprise in the package;)

I receive the package today and with a paypal receipt note saying that he has included a check for $150 dollars and that he wants me to keep the money just as long as I pass Geometry and make all of my hopes and dreams in life come true :laugh2:
-It was beautiful man :)
we all need to give him some thanks! That was awesome of him! Congrats.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
we all need to give him some thanks! That was awesome of him! Congrats.
I know koko I am still speechless:)
-When he told me he were including a "surprise" in the package I was thinking he might have included a case cover or something but he basically gave me money back:eek: He is a great Man;)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
did he know your previous iPhone was stolen?