the To Do List app

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
H

Hayesimus

anyone notice it yet? i got it! its still a work in progress naturally but i like where they are going with it. now i can go grocery shopping and i won't have to use pen and paper. haha.

H

Hayesimus

i hate how it pops up that message everytime that says that it is still under construction lol. i wish that there were a few more options on it. like maybe set up different lists. or categories rather. like so when you go to the store your lists could be in order of department and what not.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
i hate how it pops up that message everytime that says that it is still under construction lol. i wish that there were a few more options on it. like maybe set up different lists. or categories rather. like so when you go to the store your lists could be in order of department and what not.
I bet that's coming way soon

H

Hayesimus

i wonder if they could put alerts in there too. i guess you could just use the calendar for that but it would be neat anyways

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Why not just use the built in Notes application? I tried out the ToDo's and didn't see a whole lot of difference so I got rid of it.
Notes? That is fine for certain things but it is far from optimal for to-do lists IMHO.

For one thing, it's nice to be able to quickly tap the screen when you've completed a task (or in the case of a grocery list, for instance, when you've placed that item in the cart). Much easier to see the tasks that still need to be completed.

BTW: The popup shown during launch is now gone. This could shape up to be a nice app, assuming it gets regular updates.

--
Mike

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I haven't tried it yet but does it have the option to put prices in and calculate the subtotal? That would be great for a shopping list.

H

Hayesimus

gah! why didn't i think of that. like when you start the app you could hit new list. then it would say like what kind of list. as in like to do list or grocery list. then you click grocery then its options could be like subtotal or not. and something along those lines. kudos!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
gah! why didn't i think of that. like when you start the app you could hit new list. then it would say like what kind of list. as in like to do list or grocery list. then you click grocery then its options could be like subtotal or not. and something along those lines. kudos!
While those are certainly nice features for a shopping application, to me they are outside the scope of a to-do list app.

--
Mike

H

Hayesimus

thats the point. expand on the idea to where it could be both. just a LIST application. you could have a home screen with active lists. and select the one you wish to view. like your daily planner or to do list for the day. then you are like hey i have time to run to the store. then you click the grocery list. i mean it would save some space on the spring board to just have it in the same app. being that they are so closely related

Apr 24, 2008
ToDo doesn't run

Brand new to my iPod Touch today. Finally Jailbreaked and downloaded and figured out Installer. Installed Mobile ToDo list. It launches to the screen then goes away. Help?