The True Sound of Sorrow

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
People, get a grip.

I've burried a parent. I've seen people blow themselves up. I've been in horrid motorcycle accidents. I've had my left shoulder reconstructed - twice. I've watched 3 children brought into the world. I've watched helplessly as a neighbor's house burned to the ground. Lastly, my bright 19yo daughter quit her free ride in college to marry a Marine who is now in Iraq. (the horror, the horror)

Embrace your iPhone, love your iPhone, and appreciate your iPhone. It is a leap forward in cell phone technology and a damn good tool. Use it together, use it in peace.

(whine about something else)

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
People, get a grip.

I've burried a parent. I've seen people blow themselves up. I've been in horrid motorcycle accidents. I've had my left shoulder reconstructed - twice. I've watched 3 children brought into the world. I've watched helplessly as a neighbor's house burned to the ground. Lastly, my bright 19yo daughter quit her free ride in college to marry a Marine who is now in Iraq. (the horror, the horror)

Embrace your iPhone, love your iPhone, and appreciate your iPhone. It is a leap forward in cell phone technology and a damn good tool. Use it together, use it in peace.

Amen Brother!

FW

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Amen Lester.

While I'm all for discussions about our little toys, that's all they are. Toys. The world won't end if you're without your third party apps for a few weeks. Apple is not out to eat your children. Steve Jobs did not have brunch with Satan this morning. You're good enough, smart enough, and, doggonnit, people like you.

Unplug. Go outside. Engage in a little "analog networking." Stop obsessing about your phone. It will be there when you get back.

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Could not agree more.
But does this mean I have t stop using my iPhone as my multi purpose blender and all in one bar-b-que grill on weekends.
The horror.

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
;;although,,

I am pissed the "Flying Carpet" mod isn't working! the beatches.

How the fock am I supposed to get to work now? Drive? tsk.

Oh damn, I broke a nail.

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I am pissed the "Flying Carpet" mod isn't working! the beatches.

How the fock am I supposed to get to work now? Drive? tsk.

Oh damn, I broke a nail.
Sorry to hear that.
I got the flying carpet update in 1.1.1 didn't you
I also got the swedish massage girl that pops out whenever I rub the side of the phone. Just heaven I tell you.
Sorry to hear about the nail also but if you just put it close to the magic screen the amazing iPhone will fix it for you.
Give it a try
LOL

Hey Lester, nice post. Yeah I understand the parents thing, lost my dad on Fathers day 2001 and my mom in January 2006, my brother in 1978. The iPhone is a petty thing to argue and fight about.

All these people complaining that there are not enough useful things in the iPhone that have been added need to move on and find another phone already, the iPhone isn't and never will be one of those other phones. Sure their little mods no longer work on the iPhone and it's gonne be a long time before anyone is going to hack the iPhone again, it is very well encrypted now and if that password is ever found, Apple will simply do it all over again. These people either need to accept the iPhone as it is now or move on, get a Blackberry or Treo because they are asking too much from a "personal" type phone that is a basic phone.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Amen Lester. You're good enough, smart enough, and, doggonnit, people like you.
Al Frankin FTW!

and yeah, blahblahblah i love my iPhone even if it doesn't have the 3rd party apps.

(this debate is getting rather annoying)

so i agree with everyone else it seems

macrat

Jul 15, 2007
AMEN bro!

Last night I was so amused reading the rants from a couple of posters at the height of their tantrums and bashing Steve Jobs. Here's the clincher - one of them called Jobs a loser!

I wonder if Steve Jobs had a good sleep last night because of these guys.:(

Nikos

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Long Island, NY
www.nikostoscani.com
OK, but I still have no way of making/receiving calls.

Seriously though, I'm sure A LOT of us have been through rough times in life. Hell, I've taken a few spills off of motorcycles as well, but we're not here to talk about that. We're here to talk about the iPhone, and that includes our love/success with it and/or our hatred/demise.

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
People, get a grip.

With all due respect I have been through some of the same stuff but have no clue how that has anything to do with a phone.