The Truth Revealed

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
No, i'm offended by the fact that we're still seeing posts about this BS. lol
Assuming that the "BS" was more people downing the phone, in general. A little annoying to constantly have to wade through that stuff, when you're on a "pro-iphone" board. But, seeing as how this was all a big joke, no harm, no foul. ;)

Completely agree!

Nuggets

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Haters who can't afford a $600 dollar phone scream the loudest, don't they? Move along, the iPhone wasn't made for you.

tadrewcook

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Do I have time to post my comment before this thread is locked?

I would just like to say for the record that, according to this article blessed with the power of the gadget god, we're all stupid posters in an even stupider forum. Because we bought the iPhone. You heard it there first.

What fools we are.

:)

Hecubus

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I agree this was a waste of time. All the point on that article has been bashed and bashed. Yes we know its att and not 3g. Give me a break
While it took some on thread to get the 'big joke' a little late, for lack of actually reading the piece, opting instead to skim, it's obvious people are still not reading to the end. Let me help (even though others here have blatantly stated, "read the entire piece," or at least speed ahead to the end of the article and read the #1 reason not to buy an iPhone.) Here's the #1 reason the writer expressed NOT TO BUY AN iPhone (sorry if I'm spoiling it for those who actually wanted to read the entire article as opposed to those who only read the first couple of reasons and ran away because their egos were hurt.)

1. I'll Get to the Apple Store Ahead of You
If you've read this far then you've finally discovered the *real* reason I wrote this column.

You see, I'm out to dissuade as many people as possible from buying an iPhone so that I have less competition on Friday when I go to get mine. Yep, this entire column is nothing more than a self-serving ruse at giving myself the best chance possible to snag an iPhone on opening day.
The fewer people that are interested in the iPhone, the better my chances at getting one! So in this column I've just regurgitated all the usual FUD about the iPhone, Apple, and AT&T in a blatant attempt to discourage you from being remotely interested in buying one.

And I want one...make no mistake about it...I want an iPhone...bad! It's all I've been able to think about for the last few days...I've been dreaming of ditching my crappy Verizon phone and holding the sleek, sexy iPhone in the palm of my hand.

Yes...I must have one...and I will have one! No matter who or what gets in my way! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss....the precioooooooous will be ouuuuuuursssssssssss!

So don't even bother to leave your house on launch day to get an iPhone. If you do, you'll find that I got there ahead of you and bought the last one. Muhuhahahahha! Suckers!
-------------------------------------------
Yes. He was joking. Amazing.

Pro-iphone board or not, some people really need to lighten up and be happy they bought a great new device that they enjoy, regardless of what a few trolls may say or post to harsh their mellow. And, if a troll happens to post something he or she believes is anti-iphone (jeez... god forbid), which actually turns out to be not only an entertaining read, but PRO-iphone, then simply enjoy the irony.

Lips2000

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Houston, TX
Maybe he wanted the iPhone so he could smash it on YouTube or put it in a blender.
I guess if you are smart enough to buy a Zune (I assume that is *your* Zune in your profile pic) then you are obviously smart enough to know the author's intentions.

Way to go 'ol chap! Bravo!

Mark

Simon Templar

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Infinite Rider On The Big Dogma
Waaaaaa! Waaaaaa!

I can't afford an iPhone. No one will give me $600 for being a spoiled little brat...even though I am 23 years old. I can't have one so I am gonna bash it.

Amazing the drivel one finds on the 'Net these days.

.....sT

oembios

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I wonder if he actually got one. :)
Who knows, I just thought it was an entertaining article. I always remember it was written by just one person who has their own agenda, and is influenced from many directions. Advertisers, Editors, Personal Opinions, etc.

Cheers