The ultimate Apple Watch third party bands with photos, reviews

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iErik, May 21, 2015.

1. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

In the last few days I've started receiving a few of the extra bands I've ordered from eBay and Apple. And there's more on the way! :)

Here's the bright blue leather loop from Apple. Very comfy and I love the color.
    image.jpg

Here's a casual brown leather band from eBay. It was only $8 so I took a gamble but it is actually quite soft and comfortable. It didn't come with the adapters so I actually bought the next band just for those.
    image.jpg

This one is probably the worst of the lot so far. The leather is really quite stiff and not very comfortable at all. May that would change if I wear it a little. I pretty much bought it for the adapters only so the extra band was a bonus. Don't usually wear black but thought it would be good to have. $20 from eBay.
    image.jpg

That's it for now. If anyone wants links let me know; I can dig them up. Still waiting on a Hoco link bracelet, midnight blue classic buckle knock off and another brown leather band. Like I said ... addicted! :)

Let's see what you guys have!

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I hate to be a downer, but are those MFi certified and made by reputable companies?

Here's why you should wait before buying third party Apple Watch bands. There have been reports of them detaching from the watches while people are wearing them.

image.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

I doubt they are. I'm not too worried about it. If it breaks, it breaks. Wouldn't be there first time a watch band has broken on me.

I'll buy some MFi adapters when the come out but till then I'm going to enjoy what's available.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You're not worried about the watch falling off if they detach? Drops would be my concern.

5. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

As they say,
    "Ya' spend yer money and ya' takes yer chances"
    I for one, do not like chances. But that's me.
    For sure I will be looking for a more attractive band for my black sport, if it ever gets here. I really don't think I will be getting use to the "toy" look of the plastic band. (But who knows!) I will look for the best quality I can find in an after market product without spending a huge sum.

I still have a month to go before before my watch gets here, so keep the alternatives coming here. I can do all my research before buying.

6. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

No, not really. The lugs fit perfectly and are very secure. I gave each strap a good yank to test them before wearing and they don't seem to be going anywhere. I'm comfortable wearing them.

7. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Midnight blue classic buckle knock off from eBay came today. First one that came in retail-type packaging. Definitely like it better than the black band and has a more casual look.

Link bracelet might show up tomorrow.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

8. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Hoco stainless steel band from eBay arrived today - $33 shipped. So far it's my favorite from the third party group with the brown leather band in a very close second. I don't know how to size these things but the jewelery counter at JCP did it for me for free.

image.jpg image.jpg

9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Nice!! Do they come in black?

10. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

11. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

12. 09_SERG

09_SERG Member
    Bronze

Thankfully, I have only owned two watches for the past 10 yrs or more. So I won't be having the urge to customize my Apple watch sport beyond the band. I am hoping to not tire of the device before one month!?!

13. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Got another band the other day. It's another Hoco stainless steel band but this is the five bead version. It also has a butterfly clasp, unlike the three bead version above, which so far feels much more comfortable. I also like how the clasp is virtually invisible on the underside of the wrist so it looks like a continual bracelet. I think I like the look of the five bead a little more and it definitely feels a little lighter since it just a tad narrower than the three bead.

If anyone it wanting a stainless steel band you really can't go wrong with these. They are substantial bands and are very comfortable. Did I mention I haven't lost a single arm hair, either. You just have to decide which version you like better. Or just get both since the are so reasonably priced.

I also decided to return the blue leather loop. I just wasn't wearing it enough to justify the price paid for it. The brown leather band I got for a couple bucks is just as comfortable and I like the feel of the leather on that one more than the leather loop, which felt kind of plastic-y. The stainless bands have pretty much taken over my wrist. They're great for all occasions and are no problem to work out with either. My white sports band hasn't ever seen the light of day since I've received these.

I surely can't be the only one getting extra bands, Apple branded or otherwise...

IMG_1183(2).jpg IMG_1184(2).jpg IMG_1185(2).jpg

14. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Those stainless steel bands look great. It looks like Hoco makes the black also.

Can you link to the eBay auction?

15. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

VERY nice!!! This company is making apple looks like the scammers they are for these products (Apple opinion only relates to their ridiculous prices on bands).

16. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

This is the seller I purchased the Hoco three bead version from. It came without retail packaging (I'm guessing to save on shipping prices). It arrived in about 10-12 days from China.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-Strap-Buckle-Adapter-Watchband-Watch-Bands-Strap-FOR-APPLE-WATCH-/391135837919?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item5b11833edf

The seller I purchased the five bead from is now sold out. Here's a link to another but I can't vouch for them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HOCO-Stainless-Steel-Classic-Buckle-Watch-Strap-Band-for-Apple-Watch-42mm-/281694760307?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item419650ed73

Here's a link to the brown leather band mentioned above. If you like soft feeling leather you will like this band. Also comes in black. Not the person I purchased from, though so YMMV. You'll also need to purchase a set of connectors for these. I'll link some next.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-HOT-Genuine-Leather-Watch-Band-Connector-Adapter-For-Apple-Watch-38MM-42MM-/201350936088?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=500548449041&hash=item2ee1737618

I recommend these connectors for your extra bands. The are pretty much the same as what "Click" will be offering with the spring loaded bars. The five bead Hoco band uses these and they are great. I also purchased and extra set from this seller (U.S. based) and they've been great. They are available for both 38mm and 42mm. The nice thing about these connectors is the make pretty much any band you want use available to you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Apple-Watch-38mm-42mm-Band-Adapter-Connector-Kits-New-Watchband-Adaptor-/271877878312?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3f4d2f3228

You can get better prices from different sellers on different days if they are having sales or whatnot. Also, some sellers sell both versions of the stainless steel band ... their auctions will be pull down menus for sized and style. The three bead is usually referred to as "version A" and the five bead is "version B".

17. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

How are the sizes on all these after market bands? Anyone finding their size selection being a little to small?

18. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

@iErik alerted me to these bands that emulate the classic buckle. I had a $10 eBay coupon, so it's a minimal investment at $15. The earlier Hoco leather bands had a gold clasp, which looked out of place.

$_12-1.JPG

19. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

My dark blue Hoco leather band shipped yesterday so it should be here sometime next week. I'm glad they got rid of the gold buckle, too.

Also ordered one of these. It reminds me of Apple link band, which I really like, but don't want to spend $450 plus tax on :)

34250-6.jpg

20. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I just ordered this nylon NATO two-piece band from Clockwork Synergy. It was $9 with free shipping. If it looks good, I'll opt for the black version with SS loops. I have a similar band on my J.Crew watch and love it.

Grey-2-piece-Nylon-Buckle.jpg