The ultimate Apple Watch third party bands with photos, reviews

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I just ordered this nylon NATO two-piece band from Clockwork Synergy. It was $9 with free shipping. If it looks good, I'll opt for the black version with SS loops. I have a similar band on my J.Crew watch and love it.
I like it. Be sure to post some pics when you get it.

Loquutis

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Mississauga
Just picked up my Apple leather loop to replace the rubber band. I love it.
And I got the one which makes no sound. (Reference to something I read)

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Just picked up my Apple leather loop to replace the rubber band. I love it.
And I got the one which makes no sound. (Reference to something I read)
Glad to hear you like it. What color did you get? Do you feel any phantom haptic feedback from the band?

Loquutis

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Mississauga
I bought the black leather loop to match my space grey sport. Seems to be very secure and feels nice. Looks much better than the rubber band (although I must admit that I was getting use to the rubber one)
So far I'm rather loving the whole Apple Watch experience.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I received my blue Hoco leather band today. It's so much nicer than the blue one I bought in the first post. Quality and thickness of the leather is way better. The leather is also soft and doesn't feel like plastic. It has a nice texture, too. Chris, I think you'll be happy with the black one.

One odd thing, though. It came with black lugs attached when it was supposed to come with polished stainless steel. Not a huge deal since I wanted to use the spring bar lugs I have instead. I contacted the seller to see what he/she has to say about it.

Anyways, not a bad deal for the price. If you want a decent third party band I'd go with this one. The come in a bunch of colors, too. On to the pics....

PS... the buckle is stainless even though it doesn't look it in the pic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434675642.041411.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434675657.530516.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434675709.355841.jpg

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Here's a Milanese band from the guy in Utica, NY. I really had no intention to buy a Milanese band but I wanted another set of the spring bar lugs and for $7 more I got the band.

I was surprised that I actually liked it. I don't think I'll wear it much but it'll be great for formal occasions. The clasp can slide up and down the band so getting a precise fit is easy. I only wore it for about an hour but I didn't feel and hair snags.

Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271877874983?redirect=mobile

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434806211.619516.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434806224.020887.jpg

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
The last of the bands I've ordered arrived today. It's another metal link that resembles the Apple link band. I have a love/hate feeling about this one.

I just love how it looks. I like this style band and how the width tapers down from where the band connects. It has more of a casual/sporty look to it, I think.

I don't like how stiff it is. It doesn't bend very easily. The other metal bands kind of fold in on themselves when you put it down but this one keeps its shape, pretty much (is that normal for this style band?). My wrist seems to be right in that in between size where one link makes a difference between too big and too small. The pins were also difficult to get out to size.

I'll use it for now but I might try to find another like this that might fit better.

Link to this band.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I don't have an Apple watch, but I am still very interested in seeing all the 3rd party bands being posted. How often are you guys swapping bands out? Do you find one you like or switch out the band depending on your activity for the day?

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
They are very easy to swap, I always wear the sports band for workouts and metal for everything else, just got the Hoco, best band out there. I'm still waiting for my monowear to ship but may cancel it.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I just ordered a MW olive nylon band. I think the price is way too high for what it is, but whatever. I need an alternative to my white sport band, and none of the other apple bands really appeal to me.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's interesting how much different the white sports band feels from the other colors. I've also heard it's heavier. The others have a rubbery feel whereas the white has a plastic-like feel. I've noticed the same thing with the Apple leather cases. The red one has a less leathery feel than all of the other colors. I got a replacement red one when mine got old and started to look like crap around the edges and it's the same thing. The blends are obviously not consistent on their bands and leather cases.

The Apple leather bands looked a lot better in person than they do on the website, but it still bothers me that they don't have stitching. I'd probably go with a leather band from a reputable third party company if I had the Apple Watch.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
My girlfriend decided to trade her watch in for the 38mm because she has really tiny wrists so I took her brown leather 3rd party band. It's really nice but I haven't found an occasion to use it yet. I exercise/workout almost everyday so switching bands on a daily basis isn't very ideal. The sport band stays on my watch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435673771.276366.jpg

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
My girlfriend decided to trade her watch in for the 38mm because she has really tiny wrists so I took her brown leather 3rd party band. It's really nice but I haven't found an occasion to use it yet. I exercise/workout almost everyday so switching bands on a daily basis isn't very ideal. The sport band stays on my watch.

View attachment 42066
Really?! It takes two seconds to switch a band dude. I bought the HOCO band and change it daily for the sports band before my runs. It really takes 2 seconds LOL

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Really?! It takes two seconds to switch a band dude. I bought the HOCO band and change it daily for the sports band before my runs. It really takes 2 seconds LOL
It's just not that crucial to me if I don't have the leather band. The sport band works for me.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1436833282.977620.jpg
bought these for 20 bucks or so. Perfect fit and it accommodates all bands!

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Picked up another link band from a German online store. The brand is Vollmer and it cost about $50. So far it's the nicest out of the link bands I've received. Brushed stainless steel and it's very solid and heavy. It fits perfectly, too, which is rare for me with link bands.

I did find a similar band on eBay if anyone is interested in this style. This one also has a clasp that can do micro-adjustments.

A few pics...

IMG_1378(2).jpg
IMG_1377(2).jpg
IMG_1375.jpg

Last edited:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
got my olive monowear nylon strap today. I like it but still feel the price is too high for what it is. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.