The Ultimate iPhone Software Update Discussion Thread

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
WoW

I heard from a friend of a friend who knows an Apple employee who has a dog that is walked by a lady with Apple stock that says the update is already on the phones and it just needs activation by Steve Jobs. I hear he's going to call each and everyone one of us sometime during this week and thank us personally for making him a bazillionaire and driving Apple stock through the roof. After he gets done thanking us, our phones will flash pretty colors and beep then poof, everything will be updated!
WoW, that would be nice. Now back away from the blunt...M

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Yes. Most of the features we're complaining about won't be fixed, if they were going to be offered on the phone the phone would have came with them.
Not true, Apple has stated publicly that they intend to keep improving the iPhone... and the only way they can do that is through software updates.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Get a Treo, then

<<Yes. Most of the features we're complaining about won't be fixed, if they were going to be offered on the phone the phone would have came with.>>

How the heck do you know? I'm not exactly sure why there is so much sarcasm and complaining-before-the-facts around here.
Surely, there must be some "everythinggoodidon'twanttohear@iPhone.com" site somewhere. The iPhone is already great the way it is and any upgrading will be icing on the cake. And more icing. And more icing, as each upgrade comes up.
I don't remember my Treo's updating itself after 4 years, but I do remember the ongoing crashes and endless loops and loss of info. I remember the crappy screen resolution. I remember all the things it didn't do. Each interesting new app would also cost $10 to $50.
Can this board also include an automatic spell check? (The shift key is present on both sides of an average keyboard and its use is completely painless.)

How about an automatic punctuation and capitalization check? There's no shame in having writing skills above 3rd grade.

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
Every night I pray to the Gods of cut and paste.
LMAO @ that. I thought I was the only one who does that. I pray for the update every night though...custom ringtones, mms, copy & paste, camera zoom and video recording...please!

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Yes. Most of the features we're complaining about won't be fixed, if they were going to be offered on the phone the phone would have came with them.
i don't agree with that, why would Apple sell a phone that wont do what many of other smart phones do already, i think that Apple is doing this to see what ppl want and from there they will send updates to fix everything.