The Ultimate Touch Screen Interface!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I saw this on the news a couple of weeks ago but it was only about 15-20 seconds, this was a nice presentation. This is the future to come. Well it is here now.

Sure Dell will sell it.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I bet the use of such a gigantic table will be associated with chronic back-shoulder-neck injuries and won't be very practical if it remains that large, whether it's horizontal or vertical.

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
This is old stuff, it was debuted a few months after the iPhone (too soon to be copying I'm afraid, and just soon enough to show that touch-screen is merely coming-of-age and that not ever touch-screen device from now on is an iPhone wannabe).

It's to do with this idea Microsoft has that one day there will be a computer on almost every surface in a house. Aka, one on the coffee table for general stuff, one on the kitchen surface for checking recipes as you cook, etc. They say it's gonna be really expensive at first though, and they're gonna start by trying to sell it to hotels so they can like put it on tables in the lobby. You know, those tables in the seating areas by the door that barely anyone ever sits at, they just use them when they're waiting for their friends to come downstairs. The idea being that they could like puts maps on their or something.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
This is old stuff, it was debuted a few months after the iPhone (too soon to be copying I'm afraid, and just soon enough to show that touch-screen is merely coming-of-age and that not ever touch-screen device from now on is an iPhone wannabe).

It's to do with this idea Microsoft has that one day there will be a computer on almost every surface in a house. Aka, one on the coffee table for general stuff, one on the kitchen surface for checking recipes as you cook, etc. They say it's gonna be really expensive at first though, and they're gonna start by trying to sell it to hotels so they can like put it on tables in the lobby. You know, those tables in the seating areas by the door that barely anyone ever sits at, they just use them when they're waiting for their friends to come downstairs. The idea being that they could like puts maps on their or something.

I remember sitting at a bar and playing pong on a glass surface, same thing.