The video option to turn light on is gone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
Since I've upgraded to iOS 6, there is no longer the option to toggle the light on/off while video taping.. Who wouldn't want to be able to do that.. Not happy i can no longer do that.

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
But while you are videotaping? Mine is there at the start, but once I start videotaping, it goes away.. Happens on my wife's 4 also..

Dec 19, 2009
Your right you can't change it during recording. Just leave it on auto and it will come on if its needed.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
My point is that it used to have the option while videotaping to turn on or off.. Very nice when moving from a low-light situation to one that wouldn't need the light..

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
My point is that it used to have the option while videotaping to turn on or off.. Very nice when moving from a low-light situation to one that wouldn't need the light..
This may have been a result of the iOS 6 upgrade. I just tried and my on-off switch for the flash does indeed go off during recording:

photo.PNG

I don't remember how it was before iOS 6, sorry...

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
This may have been a result of the iOS 6 upgrade. I just tried and my on-off switch for the flash does indeed go off during recording:
I don't remember how it was before iOS 6, sorry...
I'm still on 5.1.1 and the on / off option is still on the screen for video on my 4s.