The Visual Voicemail suit

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Well I was over at topiPhonenews.com and was reading up on all things iPhone, and was reading the very limited info about the suit against Apple and AT&T over visual voicemail.
A little more research was needed to see how frivolous the suit was, or whether it was something that was going to happen, and I found the inital patent claim. U.S. patent 5,572,576
http://www.google.com/patents?id=iPAoAAAAEBAJ&dq=5,572,576
Hate to say it, and I am in no way any kind of law expert, but it looks like Apple and AT&T will be coughing up the dough some time within the next year or so- if it even goes that long.
I can see a small argument over the device (iPhone) itself not appearing in the patent description directly, but that's about it.
Also named in the suit are Comcast, Cablevision, and Ebay's Skype. Each of these companies also have similar voicemail management software.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
The person filing the lawsuit has already won the claim with other companies. Plus it's filed in the wonderful Texas district that allowed the stupid McDonalds lawsuite. Apple and AT&T will no doubt settle out of court.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Well, they're both multi-million dollar companies. What's one suit.

Besides, we still have Visual Voicemail, don't we?

- John