The wait is killing me.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
I was out of town for the launch and wasn't able to per-order. I made it back home late on Sunday after shipments started (9/23) but everyone local to me was sold out or hadn't received their shipments and had a wait list. I was sure I could hold out until the dust settled and stock replenished, yeah right. LOL.

I placed an order on 9/26 from Apple and was told 3-4 weeks. At the time of my order I also ordered an extra Lightning to USB charging cable and a 30 pin to Lightning adapter. Well, I received my USB cable on 9/26 a week ahead of the predicted ship date and I just received today my 30 pin adapter which at the time didn't have a projection simply stating "October".

Well, here I sit with my cable and adapter and no phone which isn't scheduled until November 1st...ugh!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hmm. I'm kinda surprised it hasn't already shipped. I ordered a 32 GB white at an AT&T store on 9/24. The shipping quote was 21-28 businesss days, but it shipped on 10/3 and arrived on 10/5. The 16s are in the highest demand and taking the longest to ship. I bet yours will be shipping out any day now.

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
Hmm. I'm kinda surprised it hasn't already shipped. I ordered a 32 GB white at an AT&T store on 9/24. The shipping quote was 21-28 businesss days, but it shipped on 10/3 and arrived on 10/5. The 16s are in the highest demand and taking the longest to ship. I bet yours will be shipping out any day now.
Thanks for the encouragement. That would sure be nice. I don't have an Apple store near me so the after 10:00pm order, store pickup route wasn't an option. Still no stock local to me so this was seemingly my only option so I sure hope you're right. That would be a wonderful surprise. I'm attempting to will them to ship early, LOL. I check my order status daily. LOL.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thanks for the encouragement. That would sure be nice. I don't have an Apple store near me so the after 10:00pm order, store pickup route wasn't an option. Still no stock local to me so this was seemingly my only option so I sure hope you're right. That would be a wonderful surprise. I'm attempting to will them to ship early, LOL. I check my order status daily. LOL.
Try checking several times a day - it worked for me. ;)

Good luck getting it soon!

Sc00bz

Oct 8, 2012
You guys tried calling stores? I ordered a black 16 gb on 9/17 (or whenever preorders first started) and received it on 9/21. It was in bad shape and wifi didn't work so I took it back and reactivated my old phone. Then, I was reading about the white not being known for as many scuffs and the wifi issue was hit or miss. So, I ordered a white 16 gb on the 26th. On 9/30, I decided to call around and the first place I called (radioshack) had a white 16 gb preorder that nobody picked up. I drove down there, walked out with it about 45 minutes later and cancelled my order with Verizon. :)

Sep 19, 2012
I was out of town for the launch and wasn't able to per-order. I made it back home late on Sunday after shipments started (9/23) but everyone local to me was sold out or hadn't received their shipments and had a wait list. I was sure I could hold out until the dust settled and stock replenished, yeah right. LOL.

I placed an order on 9/26 from Apple and was told 3-4 weeks. At the time of my order I also ordered an extra Lightning to USB charging cable and a 30 pin to Lightning adapter. Well, I received my USB cable on 9/26 a week ahead of the predicted ship date and I just received today my 30 pin adapter which at the time didn't have a projection simply stating "October".

Well, here I sit with my cable and adapter and no phone which isn't scheduled until November 1st...ugh!
well have patience there is no point getting upset .It will come when it has to so just chill out

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
Woohoo! Just got the email from Apple. My phone has shipped. Showing delivery next Friday! The wait is almost over!