The wait is killing me.

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by talon90, Oct 16, 2012.

1. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

I was out of town for the launch and wasn't able to per-order. I made it back home late on Sunday after shipments started (9/23) but everyone local to me was sold out or hadn't received their shipments and had a wait list. I was sure I could hold out until the dust settled and stock replenished, yeah right. LOL.

I placed an order on 9/26 from Apple and was told 3-4 weeks. At the time of my order I also ordered an extra Lightning to USB charging cable and a 30 pin to Lightning adapter. Well, I received my USB cable on 9/26 a week ahead of the predicted ship date and I just received today my 30 pin adapter which at the time didn't have a projection simply stating "October".

Well, here I sit with my cable and adapter and no phone which isn't scheduled until November 1st...ugh!

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Did you order a 16 GB?

3. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

No, 32, black.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Hmm. I'm kinda surprised it hasn't already shipped. I ordered a 32 GB white at an AT&T store on 9/24. The shipping quote was 21-28 businesss days, but it shipped on 10/3 and arrived on 10/5. The 16s are in the highest demand and taking the longest to ship. I bet yours will be shipping out any day now.

5. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks for the encouragement. That would sure be nice. I don't have an Apple store near me so the after 10:00pm order, store pickup route wasn't an option. Still no stock local to me so this was seemingly my only option so I sure hope you're right. That would be a wonderful surprise. I'm attempting to will them to ship early, LOL. I check my order status daily. LOL.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Try checking several times a day - it worked for me. ;)

Good luck getting it soon!

7. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

I placed my order sep 24 still no tracking still no info white 64 AT&T

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

8. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I'm surprised it's taking so long, I thought the 64 gig was shipping out sooner than the other models from what I've read on some posts.

9. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

I would call and see what's going on. I ordered a white 64 on sept 14th and got it on the 21st. Ordered from att.

10. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

I ordered from Apple

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

11. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Killing me too. Ordered on the 30th. Nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

12. Sc00bz

Sc00bz New Member

You guys tried calling stores? I ordered a black 16 gb on 9/17 (or whenever preorders first started) and received it on 9/21. It was in bad shape and wifi didn't work so I took it back and reactivated my old phone. Then, I was reading about the white not being known for as many scuffs and the wifi issue was hit or miss. So, I ordered a white 16 gb on the 26th. On 9/30, I decided to call around and the first place I called (radioshack) had a white 16 gb preorder that nobody picked up. I drove down there, walked out with it about 45 minutes later and cancelled my order with Verizon. :)

13. kellyrapidsoft

kellyrapidsoft New Member

well have patience there is no point getting upset .It will come when it has to so just chill out

14. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

Woohoo! Just got the email from Apple. My phone has shipped. Showing delivery next Friday! The wait is almost over!