The Walking Dead thread Official or not

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoofMonkey, Nov 7, 2011.

1. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius

Since there appear to be a number of fans of the show and there didn't appear to be a thread, Official or not, now there is.

So let's talk about the show, zombie Apocolypse, etc...

Edit: warning there may be spoilers in here. Let's try to mark our posts as such if it's within a day or so of the new episode.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

Oh it is official. ;)

I am certain that they will not find the girl. Been too long. If they do find her she will have turned and will bite the mom. I do see them staying at that house for a few more episodes before something happens and they have to leave. Will be hard because glen will want to stay where he can get some farmers daughter lovin.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius

Hoping it doesn't turn more 'soap opera ish' with Glen probably falling in love. She's next I bet.
    Lori finding out she's pregnant... Oohh what a love triangle we have going on now.
    It's been mentioned before but damn some of these zombies can haul ass. Maybe the show would be too boring if they all lumbered along at the typical zombie pace. ??
  5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

My problem with their speed is not wether it is fast or slow bit that it is not consistent. Sometimes they are sprinters (creek when the girl went
    missing) or slow and then fast. I think when they are sensing food or think they are going to eat they speed up. But they don't have blood right? Because of their injuries so how is adrenaline flowing and speeding them up?
    I know it is just a show an shut up and watch it. Lol
  6. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

could be any number of things that cause them to change their speed. Maybe the ones that move fast have fed more recently for fuel. Or maybe they're the freshly zombified ones that haven't deteriorated too much. Bottom line is we don't know how zombie biology works.

I'm getting pretty tired of them hanging around looking for this girl. Time to move on already. I agree that there will be some catalyst to force them to leave, but the kid has to get ambulatory first.

I do find the farmer girl quite hot.
  7. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

Good point never thought of it like that. I know it is all up to interpretation when making a show like this. I agree with the kid is gone or dead or turned. Move on to new plot twist.
  8. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

Laurie Holden is also pretty striking.

[​IMG]
  9. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

Yes but her character is kind of a witch
  10. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

I wouldn't call her that; I don't recall her doing anything questionable, unlike most of the other characters. She can be a little abrasive, I guess, but I think all she wants is to be more independent.
  11. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius

All she wants is out, either dead or alive.
  12. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

Should have stayed in the CDC and died like she wanted to. F dale. His chose to stay also.
  13. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

Like Bon Jovi?
  14. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius

yes.
  15. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

I honestly don't think she wants to die. I think she was just pissed at Dale for forcing her hand. It's not like she can't still kill herself if that's what she really wants to do; she has a gun.
  16. amishboxer

amishboxer New Member

Anyone else notice that the zombies have all of a sudden lost their sense of smell? Remember one of the first episodes the survivors had to coat themselves in zombie guts and blood to mask their scent to escape the city. Now all of a sudden they can hide under cars with hundreds of zombies walking by them less than a foot away and they don't smell them?
  17. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius

I don't think she has the guts to kill herself anyway. Besides that, is it just me or her character is a little "meh" she barely gets any airtime.
  18. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

That was to walk with and threw them. Think there is a difference when they are hiding.
  19. amishboxer

amishboxer New Member

That's possible I suppose. I do recall the Asian character describing that the zombies smelled living people much like living people can smell something decaying. Just one of the inconsistencies I've noticed.
  20. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius

I too am tired of them looking for this little girl. Kids slow things down and mess things up. This little girl should have stayed where Rick told her to stay. Now when they don't get her, if they don't, the mother will blame Rick. This story plot is tiering. If alive, she should have surfaced by now. She was (is) 12 she should know better. She's been in this for a while now, no kind of survival instincts? (provided she's been held up somewhere that would show some survival instincts but she should have stayed friggin put then she wouldn't have lost her way!) Can't listen to directions? WTF? Yeah, if she's dead or turned, it would be devistating to the mother, however, its time to end this one way or another.

Lori can't have a baby, an infant?! There is no place for it in this running till you drop world. I think she's going to figure that out and get rid of it herself one way or another. That would be too smooth though. Too easy. That plot twist is going to be messy.

I like that Glenn got some. That was nice. Maggie, was kinda bitchy about telling him it was a one time thing. I understand why though, oh but she brought him down hard. He looked so rejected. His smile was too big when they returned though. That was funny. Then she shot him down, that was not so funny. Kinda cruel, but I understand why.

Glad Carl made it. His recovery will be long so they will be there for a while.
  21. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

New walking dead tonight. Three hours away for me.