the way games may be on iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
*dies* That is amazing and a really good idea/vision. Thanks for the entertaining video! That would be really cool, however I am sceptical about it actually happening.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I imagine Apple will really push games on the iPhone. With games, movies, and music it may compete with the PSP.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I didn't think Apple worried about things like games. In the ongoing mac vs. PC dispute, the PC users always claim that they stick with PCs because of the gaming. I just figured it would be the same with iPhone. IMHO, games aren't very good on cell phones anyway.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I didn't think Apple worried about things like games. In the ongoing mac vs. PC dispute, the PC users always claim that they stick with PCs because of the gaming. I just figured it would be the same with iPhone. IMHO, games aren't very good on cell phones anyway.
I think the iPod games are just the beginning and that's not the greatest video player. The iPhone is so much better, and so much more than a phone. It's just one more thing to show off how awesome it is and how better than the others it can be. Your do-everything device. Especially if they embrace gaming developers.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Hate to be a naysayer but I kind of doubt the iPhone will have the processing power to pull off any graphic intensive gaming.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
there is no way Apple is concerned with the psp. They are on 2 way different playing fields.
Agreed! Now I didn't mean they are concerned about PSP but the iPhone is shaping up to be positioned as a superior product in the areas that the PSP is supposed to be strong, including playing movies.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Hate to be a naysayer but I kind of doubt the iPhone will have the processing power to pull off any graphic intensive gaming.
There aren't a whole lotta pixels to push around and they seem to be doing quite well at it with movies and the immersive graphic experience.

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
Agreed! Now I didn't mean they are concerned about PSP but the iPhone is shaping up to be positioned as a superior product in the areas that the PSP is supposed to be strong, including playing movies.
Not really. I do have a PSP, and the iPhone is gonna be different. By saying that, you could say that the video iPod is doing that. The PSP has all of that because it is competing in the gaming industry. If the iPhone sells a whole bunch, it isn't going to affect Sony. iPhone = phone market, PSP= gaming market. There is NO competition. The point of a PSP is a portable Playstation, not a movie player. I got it to play games, not to play movies on.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Not really. I do have a PSP, and the iPhone is gonna be different. By saying that, you could say that the video iPod is doing that. The PSP has all of that because it is competing in the gaming industry. If the iPhone sells a whole bunch, it isn't going to affect Sony. iPhone = phone market, PSP= gaming market. There is NO competition. The point of a PSP is a portable Playstation, not a movie player. I got it to play games, not to play movies on.
Good points! But I still say the iPhone is much more and going to be much much more than a phone. Much more than a movie and music player too.

miguel446

May 9, 2007
I think they'll see this as a stepping stone. Look where the ipod and iTunes have taken Apple. In five years we'll have a better understanding of the significance of the iPhone than we do now. Eventually, I believe, we'll have one device that controls our entire digital life. Steve Jobs stated his desire to produce as much a couple o years ago.