The Weather Channel "Favorites"

JimP

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
I have The Weather Channel app on my iPhone 3G... and I have added several places to the "Locations" page. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to remove a favorite location. I am using V 1.0.1. This is you opportunity to show me how stupid I am. ;)

/Jim

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have The Weather Channel app on my iPhone 3G... and I have added several places to the "Locations" page. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to remove a favorite location. I am using V 1.0.1. This is you opportunity to show me how stupid I am. ;)

/Jim
Take a look on this article...around the middle of it: The Weather Channel

..."There’s not an evident way to remove cities from your list, or to reorder them"

JimP

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
Take a look on this article...around the middle of it: The Weather Channel

..."There’s not an evident way to remove cities from your list, or to reorder them"
Thanks... now I don't feel so stupid. If I read down further in the article... people have written in how they can re-order and delete favorites. Even following their directions, it does not work for me. I suspect there is a bug in my release. Hopefully they will push an updated version at some point. In the mean time... I will not add to many favorites ;)

/Jim

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Thanks... now I don't feel so stupid. If I read down further in the article... people have written in how they can re-order and delete favorites. Even following their directions, it does not work for me. I suspect there is a bug in my release. Hopefully they will push an updated version at some point. In the mean time... I will not add to many favorites ;)

/Jim
Hold down your finger on the white arrow with the blue circle for a second or two then release it. A popup menu will then show up. It took me forever to figure this out so don't feel bad.

JimP

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
Hold down your finger on the white arrow with the blue circle for a second or two then release it. A popup menu will then show up. It took me forever to figure this out so don't feel bad.
Eureka... I found it!

The human interface on these buttons is horrible. I can now get it to work, but only about 25% - 50% of the time... even now that I know how to do it!

Thanks for the help.

/Jim

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Eureka... I found it!

The human interface on these buttons is horrible. I can now get it to work, but only about 25% - 50% of the time... even now that I know how to do it!

Thanks for the help.

/Jim
yes, it took me quite a while. It is quite annoying.