the whole 9:41/42 conspiracy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

shift_2kmaxima

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
I think i have found out why all the iPhones times is either 9:42 or 9:41
well I was reading Steve's Keynote in January about iPhone, and I saw something interesting. he begins to Introduce iPhone at 9:41am

9:41am - "This is a day I've been looking forward to for two and a half years." "Every once in a while a revolutionary product comes along that changes everything. One is very fortunate if you get to work on just one of these in your career. Apple has been very fortunate that it's been able to introduce a few of these into the world. In 1984 we introduced the Macintosh. It didn't just change Apple, it changed the whole industry. In 2001 we introduced the first iPod, and it didn't just change the way we all listened to music, it changed the entire music industry."

THEN HE GOES and introduces it lil more deeply at 9:42am

9:42am - "Well today, we're introducing THREE revolutionary new products. The first one is a widescreen ipod with touch controls" The crowd goes wild. "The second is a revolutionary new mobile phone."

IDK what do you guys think? I might be just nuts, and lil tooooo obsessed with iPhone lol, also the whole 6pm thing on iPhone, I'd say thats the time when iPhone is going to be released, so steve knew about it since Day one.....what a genius....

Later guys

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
Maybe there is a deeper meaning and that is why he begins to introduce it at 9:41am......? I definitely don't think it's a coincidence, there is something significant with 9:41 &/or 9:42 Birthday, anniversary, something like that.

jordan

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Oklahoma
maybe im just drunk cause ive been at the bars.. but i think there probably is something to do with 942, maybe the iPhone will be released at 941 or 942

Adriano73

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2012
UK
maybe im just drunk cause ive been at the bars.. but i think there probably is something to do with 942, maybe the iPhone will be released at 941 or 942
And I've just read your post and I'm drunk now. This thing gets weirder and weirder!

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
Perhaps it's a marketing trick like Rolex uses. All Rolex Oyster watches are photographed with the time at 10:10:31 with a date of the 28th. Most of their Cellini line is photographed at 10:10:36 with a date of the 11th. They do this to know in an instant if their pictures are being used. It's like a watermark hidden in plain sight.

Maybe Apple's marketing team is doing the same with their time displays.

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
For watches, the 10:10 time is used by almost all manufacturers so that the hands do not obstruct the logo in the center, the date, usually at the 3 o'clock mark, or other important watch face areas. Even Apple is following this convention. See http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=22461#ixzz2UqqGDXRU

The iPhone time 9:41 is historical, and based on the original presentation time for the first iPhone, and the time it usually takes for Apple events to get to the main announcement. At least that is what I have read elsewhere. See http://m.tuaw.com/2014/04/14/why-9-41-am-is-the-always-the-time-displayed-on-iphones-and-ipad/