the whole 9:41/42 conspiracy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shift_2kmaxima, Jun 26, 2007.

1. shift_2kmaxima

shift_2kmaxima New Member
    Bronze

I think i have found out why all the iPhones times is either 9:42 or 9:41
    well I was reading Steve's Keynote in January about iPhone, and I saw something interesting. he begins to Introduce iPhone at 9:41am

9:41am - "This is a day I've been looking forward to for two and a half years." "Every once in a while a revolutionary product comes along that changes everything. One is very fortunate if you get to work on just one of these in your career. Apple has been very fortunate that it's been able to introduce a few of these into the world. In 1984 we introduced the Macintosh. It didn't just change Apple, it changed the whole industry. In 2001 we introduced the first iPod, and it didn't just change the way we all listened to music, it changed the entire music industry."

THEN HE GOES and introduces it lil more deeply at 9:42am

9:42am - "Well today, we're introducing THREE revolutionary new products. The first one is a widescreen ipod with touch controls" The crowd goes wild. "The second is a revolutionary new mobile phone."

IDK what do you guys think? I might be just nuts, and lil tooooo obsessed with iPhone lol, also the whole 6pm thing on iPhone, I'd say thats the time when iPhone is going to be released, so steve knew about it since Day one.....what a genius....

Later guys

2. lucky8926

lucky8926 New Member
    Bronze

Maybe there is a deeper meaning and that is why he begins to introduce it at 9:41am......? I definitely don't think it's a coincidence, there is something significant with 9:41 &/or 9:42 Birthday, anniversary, something like that.

3. Bootlessjam

Bootlessjam Member
    Bronze

It is a very important time! it is when the iPhone was announced!

4. jordan

jordan Member
    Bronze

maybe im just drunk cause ive been at the bars.. but i think there probably is something to do with 942, maybe the iPhone will be released at 941 or 942

5. Matt

Matt Member
    Bronze

I had the same question. There were some good replies in my thread. Check it out.

#5 Matt, Jun 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
  6. shift_2kmaxima

shift_2kmaxima New Member
    Bronze

WE MAY NEVER KNOWWW :(

but idc, as longest i get one at 6:00PM on 6/29 :)

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

8. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

And I've just read your post and I'm drunk now. This thing gets weirder and weirder!

9. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Perhaps it's a marketing trick like Rolex uses. All Rolex Oyster watches are photographed with the time at 10:10:31 with a date of the 28th. Most of their Cellini line is photographed at 10:10:36 with a date of the 11th. They do this to know in an instant if their pictures are being used. It's like a watermark hidden in plain sight.

Maybe Apple's marketing team is doing the same with their time displays.

10. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

For watches, the 10:10 time is used by almost all manufacturers so that the hands do not obstruct the logo in the center, the date, usually at the 3 o'clock mark, or other important watch face areas. Even Apple is following this convention. See http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=22461#ixzz2UqqGDXRU

The iPhone time 9:41 is historical, and based on the original presentation time for the first iPhone, and the time it usually takes for Apple events to get to the main announcement. At least that is what I have read elsewhere. See http://m.tuaw.com/2014/04/14/why-9-41-am-is-the-always-the-time-displayed-on-iphones-and-ipad/