The windows way of JB error (fixes "FATAL(__LINE__)" error)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
i get this error when trying to you the windows way through cmd "
(fixes "FATAL(__LINE__)" error)"

and when i try to turn on the VPN, the phone does not reboot it just says there is an error and i can still use the phone with no jailbreak ?
anyone know fixes ?

verbalj

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
NYC
One of the myriad of sites I visited while looking for troubleshooting tips for the cmd jailbreak was to reset all settings. However, as of this writing, the windows version of absinthe is out. I'm currently jailbreaking the iPad 2 that way :)

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
One of the myriad of sites I visited while looking for troubleshooting tips for the cmd jailbreak was to reset all settings. However, as of this writing, the windows version of absinthe is out. I'm currently jailbreaking the iPad 2 that way :)
I cant get on the greenpoison website ? you got a link for an upload ?

verbalj

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
NYC
Talk about a tease! Sorry for hitting and running.

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak...on-windows-the-easy-way-using-absinthe-video/

*EDIT* As I alluded to in the first post, I tried using the CMD method, but I ran into the same error. I didn't want to reset all my settings since my iPad is tuned for work (and it's always a pain to get IT to connect it). I then refreshed Redmondpie's website and there it was. Good timing.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Rolling, you need to fix your hosts file. Choose one of several ways to do that: open the hosts file and comment out Saurik's address with a pound sign, update iTunes if it isn't already updated, or uncheck the box next to 'set hosts to Cydia on exit' in TinyUmbrella.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I prefer CLI jailbreaks, TBH. If anything goes wrong at least you can see/determine what the problem is directly from the shell.