the worst problem in iPhone history..give me help

bolimc

Oct 5, 2007
Hi my unlocked iPhone froze during an firmware upgrade
now i have only the new connecting iTunes image on my screen . I can't upgrade or downgrade because even though i push main and home button the yellow triangle never appears. During the charging process, at the end the process is sospended for an unknow error.. what can i do for restore it?
help me pleaese
Brian

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
Ok... This is a joke right? You have an unlocked iPhone and you tried updating it? You are kidding right? God kill me...I can't take the stupidity. Tharmsen you own firearms, either put me or this guy out if his missery. Why would you do that? Did you think that your phone was superior to all other bricked unlocked/updated phones? Did you think that you are some sort of programming genius and could get out of the bricking? :cry: ok here is my suggestion to fix it. This works for some people. Stick a pencil in the headphone jack and press both the home and lock button at the same time. Hold for 30 seconds. Then plug into computer do restore and don't frickin unlock tour phone and upgrade until you read all the posts here and do some research. I am going to take a shot of jack now.

Sent by my functional locked up tight iPhone. (-:

bolimc

Oct 5, 2007
thanks..i will try

Ok... This is a joke right? You have an unlocked iPhone and you tried updating it? You are kidding right? God kill me...I can't take the stupidity. Tharmsen you own firearms, either put me or this guy out if his missery. Why would you do that? Did you think that your phone was superior to all other bricked unlocked/updated phones? Did you think that you are some sort of programming genius and could get out of the bricking? :cry: ok here is my suggestion to fix it. This works for some people. Stick a pencil in the headphone jack and press both the home and lock button at the same time. Hold for 30 seconds. Then plug into computer do restore and don't frickin unlock tour phone and upgrade until you read all the posts here and do some research. I am going to take a shot of jack now.

just for the record
it was my little kid fault that inadvertly did that
blame only on iTunes malfunctioned with a Vista computer
i will try your option
thanks anyway

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
just for the record
i will try your option
thanks anyway
that does suck. Tell your kid he has to get a job now and buy you a new phone. Damn kids with their rock and roll music and their bricking iPhones

bolimc

Oct 5, 2007
just for the record
i will try your option

jno it didn't work, unfortunately, the frozen screen appeared again and I couldn complete my restore process

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
wear a condom next time.... :p
that was TOTALLY a joke :D

i'm really sorry man :< i hope you can get this fixed! i've got my fingers crossed for yah

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Hi my unlocked iPhone froze during an firmware upgrade
now i have only the new connecting iTunes image on my screen . I can't upgrade or downgrade because even though i push main and home button the yellow triangle never appears. During the charging process, at the end the process is sospended for an unknow error.. what can i do for restore it?
help me pleaese
Brian
Brian,

the best thing to do is to read some of the threads that concern the topic of reversing the f/w upgrade back to 1.0.2. there have been other people in you situation that may have the answer (obviously not in this thread). Try looking at Appleinsider.com or tuaw.com for other links to your question. I know over at howardforums.com there has been plenty of talk about how to fix this very situation. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. :)

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007

I have to say this was completely rude and uncalled for. The guy is obviously new and needed some help. instead you chide him and belittle him without all of the facts. this forum is for helping people not pushing them down because they "should have known better". try being a little more helpful rather than degrading. :(

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
just for the record
i will try your option

jno it didn't work, unfortunately, the frozen screen appeared again and I couldn complete my restore process
Well at least you have a beautifully designed paper weight. My child would be in "Time Out" for life if that happened to me. Many sites are saying 1.1.1 is almost cracked, if I were you, Google would be my best friend right now...M

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I have to say this was completely rude and uncalled for. The guy is obviously new and needed some help. instead you chide him and belittle him without all of the facts. this forum is for helping people not pushing them down because they "should have known better". try being a little more helpful rather than degrading. :(
I thought it was funny as hell! You are a little sensitive as is the rest of the world now. This forum is completely over run with duplicate threads even though everyone involved including Chris asks to please search first. This contributes to the clogging up of this site with useless threads.

His post was NOT uncalled for. Lucky for OP i didn't get to him first!

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
I thought it was funny as hell! You are a little sensitive as is the rest of the world now. This forum is completely over run with duplicate threads even though everyone involved including Chris asks to please search first. This contributes to the clogging up of this site with useless threads.

I graciously disagree. Far too often you get a newbie in here and they ask for help--some people's first response is to chide that person. I don't think I'm being overly sensitive, just tired of others not giving new people the chance to get help. Sure there are newbies that don't search, but to be flippant is uncalled for. One could simple state please do a search, and if you can't find the answer then ask. Even if they did do a search, that person, because they are new, will still get chided. It's ridiculous.

bolimc

Oct 5, 2007

thanks everybody for everything but:There is always an ironic side even in the worst mistake so im accepting critics and laughs, but the thing happened and i have first to come out then I will tell my kid to use the landline to call his friends!
second: believe me there is no one that has a problem like this. Im still have the frozen image, and when i connect the iPhone an unknow error blocks the restoring process. I still don't see any yellow triangle (i had several ipods before , so im used to restore them).

I ave already found the way to download the firmware from 1.1.1. to 1.0.2
(look To iPhone.fiveforty/wiki/inde/Downgrade,,,)
My problem is that my iPhone dosnt want to be connected!
thanks again..

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
Humor

It was a funny joke, and people really need to be a little less serious in life. Political correctness is boring. Besides, My suggestion to him was real. besides the holding a pencil in the headphone jack, holding the home and lock button is a good suggestion. I was going to say something like put a pencil in, spin around 3 times and tap your shoes together. Then draw a pentagram out lambs blood summoning a Demon from hell, and ask him to reset, and downgrade to 1.0.2...now that I think about it I am pissed that I didn't say that, cause thats really funny!

On a side note, It does suck your phone doesn't work, and I do highly suggest bringing the phone to an Apple store, don't tell them you unlock it, and pray to Jesus, Buddha, Allah and Sheeba that they replace it.

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
thanks everybody for everything but:There is always an ironic side even in the worst mistake so im accepting critics and laughs, but the thing happened and i have first to come out then I will tell my kid to use the landline to call his friends!
second: believe me there is no one that has a problem like this. Im still have the frozen image, and when i connect the iPhone an unknow error blocks the restoring process. I still don't see any yellow triangle (i had several ipods before , so im used to restore them).

I ave already found the way to download the firmware from 1.1.1. to 1.0.2
(look To iPhone.fiveforty/wiki/inde/Downgrade,,,)
My problem is that my iPhone dosnt want to be connected!
thanks again..
P.S. if its a vista computer be sure to right click on iTunes and click run as administrator. that could be your problem too.

LauraBee

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Napa, CA
www.flyingcolorstattoo.com

Well thank God you're not clogging it with useless coments!

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
<---------------------->
bolimc: searching first avoids duplicate threads such as this one.
gerstyd: shame on you for attacking a newcomer anyway. If it was a joke, use a smiley face or watch your tone.
bolimc: thanks for having a sense of humor about it.
AngelJO008 & bolimc: I've haven't heard any case where retroflashing helps one the iPhone is bricked. Good luck with that.
All: This thread seems done. Look in the Mod forum about unlocked iPhones & firmware issues.
Thanks.
<---------------------->