Theme help/questions

bluefox

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
Minnesota
So I installed a Nexus theme today and want to know how to change my lock screen so it says the right city for the weather. Or how can I make my cydget work? I try to install cydget apps and then go to lock screen order but it never opens up. Running 4.0 on a 3GS. Thanks!

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
You probably have to change the files via ssh or ifile. I'm not familiar with that theme but it's a pretty good guess.

offroadhunter

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
New York
I just installed and changed the city for HTC Weather Widget... I used iFile... var/stash/themes. I selected the htc weather widget folder and from there it was a matter of locating the correct file to update (lockbackground.html) , find the "locale" and change the zip code.. wasn't overly complicated for this one and would guess it's fairly similar for Nexus..

bluefox

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
Minnesota
So I did that using winscp. It works now works great! Do I need to connect my phone to my comp in order for it to take full effect?

Edit: Is this how I would install any themes I download?

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
You can install themes this way if they are not listed in Cydia otherwise the Cydia ones should load everything themselves. Only difference would be if you wanted to change the Cydia theme you could edit it with winscp.