Theme help!

helotr3vor

Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
How can I download themes off the Internet such as the ones you guys great and make them my themes on my iPhone? The only way I know how to get themes is from summerboard and I want more of a variety.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
You can look for themes at various sites - for example, MMi's Themes section.

Most of the themes talked about will eventually make their way to Summerboard, but for others, you can download them and manually copy them across to your phone. The path to copy a theme folder to (if you are on firmware 1.1.4) is:
/mobile/Library/ Summerboard/Themes

You could also try out the Theme Builder app, which lets you create your own or edit existing themes right on the iPhone itself. A new 750 icons pack for use with Theme Builder was just released a couple days ago ...

helotr3vor

Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
You can look for themes at various sites - for example, MMi's Themes section.

Most of the themes talked about will eventually make their way to Summerboard, but for others, you can download them and manually copy them across to your phone. The path to copy a theme folder to (if you are on firmware 1.1.4) is:
/mobile/Library/ Summerboard/Themes

You could also try out the Theme Builder app, which lets you create your own or edit existing themes right on the iPhone itself. A new 750 icons pack for use with Theme Builder was just released a couple days ago ...
I cant find that folder to copy the theme too.

Nov 24, 2007
got a theme question, say i install a theme and it doesn't work for some reason(locks up my phone) or whatever happens ?.. how do i fix it ? i don't have to restore do i ?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
got a theme question, say i install a theme and it doesn't work for some reason(locks up my phone) or whatever happens ?.. how do i fix it ? i don't have to restore do i ?
A theme should never do anything to your phone. However, if it does do something and you can't fix it, just hook it up to the computer and Restore.

- John

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I've never had a theme screw anything up with my iPhone. I'm using SummerBoard, so if you use that you should be alright. I've heard people having problems with Customize, so I'm personally staying away from that.

The only thing I've found is that with some themes I've downloaded from the Installer.app, once you apply them, they don't show up (it's just the default icons and your lock screen background as the wallpaper). I don't know why some themes do this. I just released my one theme and it's seriously as easy and dropping the folder into the SummerBoard themes folder, and BANG!

Also, every theme I've downloaded off the web and used SSH to install it I've never had a problem. For some reason some of the themes on Installer.app don't display.

Nonetheless, nothing should happen to your iPhone with a theme. I've NEVER had a problem where I needed to restore. You should be fine. Just go ahead and do it!

--
Shane H

Nov 24, 2007
i've never had a problem ether but i've heard of ppl havin problems.. why i ask.. can't take another restore. i'll smash it ..i just got it how i like it, so it should screw up any day now, thats the way it usual gos ... thanks for the reply

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Never had a them do any thing wrong to my phone and I damn near change it on a daily basis. Summerboard is a pretty dang reliable app in my opinion.

Silent

Dec 16, 2008
please help

I've never had a theme screw anything up with my iPhone. I'm using SummerBoard, so if you use that you should be alright. I've heard people having problems with Customize, so I'm personally staying away from that.

The only thing I've found is that with some themes I've downloaded from the Installer.app, once you apply them, they don't show up (it's just the default icons and your lock screen background as the wallpaper). I don't know why some themes do this. I just released my one theme and it's seriously as easy and dropping the folder into the SummerBoard themes folder, and BANG!

Also, every theme I've downloaded off the web and used SSH to install it I've never had a problem. For some reason some of the themes on Installer.app don't display.

Nonetheless, nothing should happen to your iPhone with a theme. I've NEVER had a problem where I needed to restore. You should be fine. Just go ahead and do it!

--
Shane H
Ok. I did all that same. I used winscp program to connect via ssh connection. i saw the folders and the path mentioned above on forum. I copy the folder from my hard disk into the summberboard --> theme folder. Then when i tap SMBPrefs 3.2 on my iPhone and when i enters into theme section. There is a problem for me. The issue is: "When i entered into the theme list i don't c the name of that theme which i copied into the theme folder of summber board". I have tried various times but no result.

Any1 can help me please