Theme issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by bluefox, Jan 25, 2012.

1. bluefox

bluefox Member
    Bronze

So I jailbroke my iPhone 4S (5.0.1, untethered) and downloaded a few themes (for ios 5.0.1) and all the icons change to the theme except mail and music. Is this something wrong with my phone or what? How can I fix this?

Also on certain themes when I open a foler and it opens up, the backround image is what I used to have before I installed the theme, how can I fix that as well?

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

They might not have the correct file name in the theme folder. Mail should be named Icon@2x.png, Music should be icon@2x.png. Also note that the iPod app split into music and video in iPhone iOS 5 and that the parent folder for the Music app is now called Music~iPhone.app. Not sure if that makes a difference to Winterboard themes or not.

Not sure. Could be the particular theme doesn't have it's own wallpaper or that its wallpaper is named incorrectly. Do you have iFile or an SSH app on your computer to investigate?

3. bluefox

bluefox Member
    Bronze

So would I iFile into the folder and just fix the names to the ones above to fix the problem? (I do have iFile) Wouldn't that make the iPod icon do the same than? or am I mistaken?

Sense I added folder enhancer it has gone away but still was an odd thing to me. Happened with all the themes (the 4 I tried)

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

That should/could solve your problem for both icons.

5. bluefox

bluefox Member
    Bronze

So I found the file with the icons and those two were in there and had icons for them when I clicked to view them. Am I able to set them or is it an automatic thing?

6. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

You need to rename them.

7. bluefox

bluefox Member
    Bronze

How would I do that?

8. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

In iFile tap on the blue > next to the files name. Tap/hold and edit the name. Respring.

9. bluefox

bluefox Member
    Bronze

rename the image file? I tried that and it came back as a zip file. I did something wrong didn't I?

10. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I reckon you did. I'm a little confused as to exactly what you have going on. Can you post some screen shots of the files you're working with?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

11. bluefox

bluefox Member
    Bronze

So there are the few pics. The home screen had the stock mail icon, the name is correct (least I think it is,) and the icon for that said icon name is correct. Everything looks right to me but I've been wrong before. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

12. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Thanks for the screen shots. You need to change "icon@2x.png" to "Icon@2x.png" with an uppercase "I", respring, and that should do the trick.

13. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

Can you SSH into your theme. If you can you should be able go into the Bundles folder of that particular theme and rename the icons directly.

14. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

bluefox is doing just that using iFile instead of SSH. I think it's just a matter of case sensitivity in the icon file name. I've been flummoxed by the issue before and have learned to look out for it and other subtle changes in a new release of iOS.

Edit: If you haven't tried iFile yet, there's a cheaper Cydia App called iFinder which works but is not as fully featured. I think there's even a free version.

15. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

I just find it easier to make edits in my RBrowser on my Mac. I got iFile, it works great for finding out exactly what the icon titles are, and much, much more. The only problem I have is that it doesn't list the Apple basic apps, like the ones you helped me with, unless I'm missing something. ;)

16. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Check your iFile settings. Make sure "Application Names" is turned on. I can see them fine in iFile.

17. bluefox

bluefox Member
    Bronze

It work great, thank you! Thanks for all the help. Why would that make a differnce though? Seems like the other folders have a lower case i for their name.

Thanks to you michael as well

18. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

You're welcome. :) It's a mystery to me why it's that way.

19. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Is there a way to change the background of a theme but keep the custom apps etc ?

20. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

Sure, if you add the theme manually. That is SSH into your phone go the Theme folder, and upload the theme. Once there there you can do just about anything you want. Just change the Wallpaper.png, and bingo . . .