Theme issue?

bluefox

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
Minnesota
So I jailbroke my iPhone 4S (5.0.1, untethered) and downloaded a few themes (for ios 5.0.1) and all the icons change to the theme except mail and music. Is this something wrong with my phone or what? How can I fix this?

Also on certain themes when I open a foler and it opens up, the backround image is what I used to have before I installed the theme, how can I fix that as well?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
So I jailbroke my iPhone 4S (5.0.1, untethered) and downloaded a few themes (for ios 5.0.1) and all the icons change to the theme except mail and music. Is this something wrong with my phone or what? How can I fix this?
They might not have the correct file name in the theme folder. Mail should be named Icon@2x.png, Music should be icon@2x.png. Also note that the iPod app split into music and video in iPhone iOS 5 and that the parent folder for the Music app is now called Music~iPhone.app. Not sure if that makes a difference to Winterboard themes or not.

Also on certain themes when I open a foler and it opens up, the backround image is what I used to have before I installed the theme, how can I fix that as well?
Not sure. Could be the particular theme doesn't have it's own wallpaper or that its wallpaper is named incorrectly. Do you have iFile or an SSH app on your computer to investigate?

bluefox

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
Minnesota
So would I iFile into the folder and just fix the names to the ones above to fix the problem? (I do have iFile) Wouldn't that make the iPod icon do the same than? or am I mistaken?

Sense I added folder enhancer it has gone away but still was an odd thing to me. Happened with all the themes (the 4 I tried)

bluefox

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
Minnesota
So I found the file with the icons and those two were in there and had icons for them when I clicked to view them. Am I able to set them or is it an automatic thing?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I reckon you did. I'm a little confused as to exactly what you have going on. Can you post some screen shots of the files you're working with?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

bluefox

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
Minnesota
So there are the few pics. The home screen had the stock mail icon, the name is correct (least I think it is,) and the icon for that said icon name is correct. Everything looks right to me but I've been wrong before. Hope this helps.

Attachments

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
So there are the few pics. The home screen had the stock mail icon, the name is correct (least I think it is,) and the icon for that said icon name is correct. Everything looks right to me but I've been wrong before. Hope this helps.
Can you SSH into your theme. If you can you should be able go into the Bundles folder of that particular theme and rename the icons directly.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Can you SSH into your theme. If you can you should be able go into the Bundles folder of that particular theme and rename the icons directly.
bluefox is doing just that using iFile instead of SSH. I think it's just a matter of case sensitivity in the icon file name. I've been flummoxed by the issue before and have learned to look out for it and other subtle changes in a new release of iOS.

Edit: If you haven't tried iFile yet, there's a cheaper Cydia App called iFinder which works but is not as fully featured. I think there's even a free version.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
bluefox is doing just that using iFile instead of SSH. I think it's just a matter of case sensitivity in the icon file name. I've been flummoxed by the issue before and have learned to look out for it and other subtle changes in a new release of iOS.
I just find it easier to make edits in my RBrowser on my Mac. I got iFile, it works great for finding out exactly what the icon titles are, and much, much more. The only problem I have is that it doesn't list the Apple basic apps, like the ones you helped me with, unless I'm missing something. ;)