Theme issue?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Is there a way to change the background of a theme but keep the custom apps etc ?
Like michael mentioned, you can go to var/stash/themes/your theme and change the .png for the wallpaper. Or, if you want, you can just delete it and you can set your wallpaper normally.

Sent from my iPhone using the eiC app

bluefox

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
Minnesota
Like michael mentioned, you can go to var/stash/themes/your theme and change the .png for the wallpaper. Or, if you want, you can just delete it and you can set your wallpaper normally.

Sent from my iPhone using the eiC app
What would be the title of that than? Just wallpaper.png (wallpaper being what ever pic you chose) How would you find the name for the image you want?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
What would be the title of that than? Just wallpaper.png (wallpaper being what ever pic you chose) How would you find the name for the image you want?
I haven't used a full blown theme for some time so I'm not sure where to look for the Wallpaper.png file in the theme folder. I'm pretty sure it starts with an uppercase W though.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
In your Themes directory there will be a folder with the specific name of the theme you want to use. When you open the Theme folder you will see all of the files for that theme. You create whatever image you want as your home screen background, name it Wallpaper.png, and as Kadelic said make sure the W is uppercase. Then you SSH into your phone, and copy the Wallpaper.png into the particular theme folder and Wallah.

bluefox

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
Minnesota
Sounds easy enough. Ill make sure to make it an uppercase W instead of lowercase. don't want to upset the naming convention :)

Can you iFile into it or do I have to SSH into it?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
AFAIK, as far as editing, anything you can do with SSH can be accomplished with iFile.
There are a few limitations, but I can use iFile for 99% of what I need to do. I use DiskAid if a process can't be completed in iFile.