Theme killed my jail broken iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Narf48, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Narf48

Narf48 Member
    Bronze

I downloaded Blaze HD for my jail broken iPad 2 o/s 5.0.1, and when I finished respringing, it crashed. I've been 2 days trying to get to to restore with no luck, I've saved my SHSH files with tiny umbrella and I have the latest version of iTunes installed, I've tried it in DFU Mode and Pawned state with no luck, any input to help mg get my iPad back working would be great, also I loaded the theme on my iPhone 4s and works like a charm! Thanks for your help

2. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

If you restore to 5.1 there is no jailbreak for iPad2, iPhone4s...A5 devices basically...
    You can't restore to 5.0.1 as Apple are not signing that firmware.... No option for A5 devices to downgrade firmware(5.1 to 5.0.1 FW) currently exists...even with saved SHSH blobs...:(

3. Narf48

Narf48 Member
    Bronze

So my only option is to upgrade to 5.1 is that correct?

4. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

If your still on 5.0.1...there's still a chance to fix the problem..... if you are on 5.1 firmware there is NO jailbreak yet and NO downgrade possible....

5. Narf48

Narf48 Member
    Bronze

I'm still on 5.0.1, can you please point me in the right direction, I've had no luck with a restore or recover from backup, I tried to reload o/s no luck there either

6. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

It's not obvious what is happening to your iPad....is it constantly respring cycle?....or stuck with Apple logo...?

7. Narf48

Narf48 Member
    Bronze

Sorry, it is stuck on the Apple logo screen

8. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Have you tried the obvious hard reset...hold power+home button until the Apple logo reappears.. then let go..?

9. Narf48

Narf48 Member
    Bronze

Yes I have tried that, then I put it into DFU Mode and tried to re load the 5.0.1, no go, then I put it into pawned state to restore from back up no luck, now I'm stumped

10. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Does iTunes see your iPad when connected..? if yes try running iFunbox you may be able to access the your iPads root file structure and delete the offending theme..;)

11. Narf48

Narf48 Member
    Bronze

It does when in DFU mode, can I use ifunbox when in DFU mode?

12. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

Just curious...do you have any iOS4 SHSH's saved? (If I'm not mistaken 4.3.3 was the only JB'ed firmware for the iPad2, using JailbreakMe 2.0)

13. Narf48

Narf48 Member
    Bronze

I thought i did but i can only find 5.0.1

14. Narf48

Narf48 Member
    Bronze

Ok, if i unplug my ipad from all connections, it will shut off and reboot on its own, it loads until it hits the Apple logo and stops there, then after a few minutes it does this again, it keeps cycling on and off until boot logo, what could be causing this issue?

15. Narf48

Narf48 Member
    Bronze

No luck with the restore, is updating to O/S 5.1 my only option and if i update can i keep 5.0.1 on my iPhone, the both share the same iTunes account

16. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

Yes, you can keep 5.0.1 on your iPhone. Just don't update it. If you REALLY want extra security in avoiding a firmware update, install the NoUpdate tweak from Cydia. It will block the 5.1 update from being pushed to your phone, as well as hiding that pesky badge on your Settings app.

Also, when you update the iPad, make sure you do it through iTunes and not via the device itself (Over The Air software update). Jailbroken devices have to be updated through iTunes the old fashioned way, or the restore will fail.