Theming questions and problems?

N

Nique

Trying to figure out how to use the iPhoneBrowser to make App store icons to covert to the theme being installed from Winterboard.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ok lets pick up where we left off on the Screenshot thread.

Do you have a custom icon (not a stock icon) named AroundMe.png saved to your desktop?

N

Nique

No. I'm not sure where to find the custom icon.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You said you like the icons on that screenshot, so I posted a link where you can find thousands of icons like those. You find something you like and save to your desktop and then save it to the icons folder with iPhoneBrowser.

Maybe one of these icons would work?
http://www.veryicon.com/search/compass/t.icon.c.all.s.all.m.fuzzy/

It takes some time to sift through the thousands of icons available to find ones you like.
Here's one that I made that's similar to the screenshot you were asking about.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Now if you don't want to have to bother doing any of that, I recommend using the Illumine theme. It's available in Cydia and includes more icons than any other theme I know of. And if an icon isn't included, it will theme it for you. It will always be a white light at the bottom (rather than the colored lights that are on the icons that are included with the theme), but they match rather than standing out like sore thumbs and you don't have to do any of the work!

That's the one I'm currently using, here's a screenshot

N

Nique

Thanks. I will install the theme and see what I come up with. I will post a screenshot later tonight.

Thanks for all your help and patience.