There's a non-recessed headphone jack on the back of the dock

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Has anyone else noticed this before? It's a pretty bulky excuse for an adapter but it works great, especially if you're just at home in your bed or something and want to listen to some good music on third party headphones. You could also plug in more headphones in the normal jack and have two people listen to music at the same time.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Has anyone else noticed this before? It's a pretty bulky excuse for an adapter but it works great, especially if you're just at home in your bed or something and want to listen to some good music on third party headphones. You could also plug in more headphones in the normal jack and have two people listen to music at the same time.
Yep, that can be handy (listening to music via that jack right now as a matter of fact).

Keep in mind that the jack on the dock is actually line-out. It doesn't allow volume control (unless you have it on the headset itself of course). Seems to be pretty loud for line-out: I'd say equivalent to about 70% volume of the main headset jack (70% can still be loud, but again not an issue if you have volume control on the headset).

--
Mike

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007

I like the fact that the dock doesn't have to be plugged in, via USB.
In other words, it's self-sustained.

Jun 5, 2007
thank you captian obvious.

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I just ripped the rubber off the part of my headphones which wouldn't go in.....now they fit perfectly fine without an adaptor

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I just ripped the rubber off the part of my headphones which wouldn't go in.....now they fit perfectly fine without an adaptor
You see, that is so much smarter than those people who are tearing up the tops of their iPhones to make a wider hole for their third party headphones. Why don't you just make your third party headphones thinner instead of mutilating your $600 perfect phone?

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
You see, that is so much smarter than those people who are tearing up the tops of their iPhones to make a wider hole for their third party headphones. Why don't you just make your third party headphones thinner instead of mutilating your $600 perfect phone?
thats exactly what i did! haha, i just need to trim some more plastic off one side, then i can turn the jack around 360° instead of a measily 0° at the moment (more like 30° to be stupidly technical)

Jul 25, 2007
yes I was able to get a little 6 inch extension to go in there. I had to trim it down with a little grinder tool but I would much rather do that than damage a $600 iPhone or even my $60 headphones at home