There's always one...well two in this matter!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Link182kidd, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Link182kidd

Link182kidd Member
    Bronze

New bug in ios7 that i have found in multitasking 8 ball pool and words with friend refuse to shut down. Tried restart, tried to delete apps and re-install and they just keep sticking around. I think maybe ANOTHER restore is due. I have restored my phone more times since IOS7 has come out then i did from having the 4, 4S and 5 before.

Sent using iPhone 5 Black 32GB

2. Link182kidd

Link182kidd Member
    Bronze

Here is the picture... ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1381747589.217737.jpg

Sent using iPhone 5 Black 32GB

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I don't have 8 Ball Pool installed, but I have WWF and I haven't had any trouble removing it or any other apps from the task switcher on iOS 7. Do they stay open (background) indefinitely or do they open as if they were closed? Are you restoring from backup?

4. Nrevezzo

Nrevezzo Member
    Bronze

I don't see the reasoning behind keeping apps/processes intact through the restart/off-on/reboot cycle. Through the many years of computer usage everything gets cleared and started new when the computer starts up. Why should iOS be different?

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

A reboot closes them. They stay in task switcher so you can quickly find them and switch between apps.

6. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

How about you delete the app, reboot, and download the app again... Worth a try before a restore.

7. Nrevezzo

Nrevezzo Member
    Bronze

I don't know what it means resource wise if the apps are still in task switcher. Does that mean they are still occupying a piece of storage/memory? Is the app's "state" still maintained so that should it be switched to the app would pick-up where it left off? If that's the case then a restart/reboot doesn't really "clear" memory and give the device a "fresh start". Not a good thing; IMO.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They are fully closed and using no memory and they aren't contributing to battery drain. Try rebooting and opening one. It will be fully closed as if you had force quit the app.

9. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Seems like notes survives a hard boot though it could easily be a resume from last use function.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, it doesn't survive a force close, reboot or hard reset. It just opens really fast. You can see the difference if you watch closely.